Monday, July 12, 2010

Viszontlátásra.

Today was my last day in Hungary. :(  For now... ;)  I spent the first part of the day up at the Vár and the Castle District in Buda. Of course, I believe the only way to really see this place is to trek it up the steps cut into the hill that leads up to it. It was unbelievably smoldering today, and I thought I actually might have a heat stroke or something because my body was so overheated. However, there is no way I was spending my last day here not doing anything or going anywhere! So I quickly learned that if you try to walk in as much shade as possible, it is a lot cooler and a little bit breezy. :)

I really like the Castle District. It is one of my favorite places in Budapest because of the incredible view. :)



However, it is extremely overrun with tourists in the summer, as I discovered, and there was a TON of constructiong going on up there. :(  They even blocked off the statue of dear ol' Kodály!! Nem jó!

Ventured my way back down to the Danube and walked a bit there and eventually took the Metro to Déak Ferenc tér and wandered through Pest, ending at a café overlooking the Liszt Academy. :) And an ice cream after lunch by the crazy Liszt statue.



Wandered some more, and then I just had to go back to Levi's and rest and cool myself down. So hot! Oy! Summoned the energy for a second outing in the evening...Vörösmarty tér, Váci utca, and the Promenade along the Danube...where I saw this boat, which, once again, reminds me that you are never far from home. haha!



Dinner at a lovely café called Bohemia, and it was so good! Highly recommended, and it was quite affordable, too! (I seem to have mastered the art of eating alone at a restaurant. It is actually quite nice to sit, unwind, and observe...and, of course, there's always a seat for Jesus at the table! hehe! Sorry...old joke from when I worked at Bible camp...)

Gratitude 246
Thank yous and your welcomes that are visibly genuinely appreciative. The waiters at both restaurants today were so kind and helpful. They loved helping me with my Hungarian as much as they could and added in English when I still didn't understand. Hungarian is like a fun, little game for me, and I really want to be fluent someday. Silly, I know, but I just find it charming and lovely to listen to...even many times when I don't understand what they are saying! haha! :)




Now finishing up making sure everything is ready for my flight tomorrow morning. My day of flying up and down, lugging bags, airplane bathrooms, and customs begins in just 8 short hours. (I make that sound terrible, but I really do enjoy feeling. However, it is still nerve-wracking, and the bad comes along with the good.)  Perhaps, I should try going to sleep... ;)

I hate to go and leave this pretty sight, but I suppose it is time for me to go back to my other world... *sigh*  I hate goodbyes, so it is only "Viszontlátásra" to my beautiful Magyarorszag. When I shall return is uncertain at the moment, but I will be back as soon as the wind will allow to blow me this way, again... No matter where I am, I carry you in my heart. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment