Gratitude 241
Ah! Diana Damrau's recital was fantastic! She is so wonderful. :) May I be her, please? haha! That recital pretty much changed my life. I think I want to study Lieder/art song more intensely now, too. I was totally going to get to meet her, too, but then we walked out to sheets of rain, heart-thudding thunder, and giant flashes of lightning. Well, that was unexpected. So clearly, meeting her wasn't going to happen. :( Just wasn't meant to be yet apparently. *sigh* haha! However, I was unbelievably privileged to hear her this evening. A wonderful program...and three encores! :) The entire thing was with magnificent harp accompaniment...I'm getting ideas... ;) Seriously, though, her pianissimos and dulcet tones...ah! Brilliant! What was even more incredible was that she isn't perfect. A beautiful voice but not perfect. As Lynn always says, there really is beauty in imperfection. :)
It is far too late for me to be up writing this, but I just had to write a short blurp about the incredible music I heard tonight. Up early for a tour to Neuschwanstein tomorrow. I'll catch up on everything when I return tomorrow evening. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment