Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How to Make a Suitcase Lose 5lbs:

Never gonna happen! haha! ;) I borrowed my neighbor's scale to check the weight of my suitcase, and it is safely within the airline weight restrictions. However, I'd love to figure out how to knock a few pounds off of it, so I don't have to worry about tiptoeing around the weight limit coming back with my little extras...and perhaps lighten the complications of lugging a huge bag around. Hmm... I suppose it'll just have to do. ;)

Gratitude 232
I have the best neighbors ever! (Well, minus the one across the hall...pretty sure I am the spawn of Satan to them because I am "obnoxious." If I am not listening to music of some sort, I am making music, and I don't think they appreciate that...oh, well!) Dina and Narmina are such neighborly neighbors. I love it! Last night, Q and I made a yummy dinner and banana bread. I didn't have enough eggs for the bread, so Narmina presented us with an egg, and in return, we took some warm banana bread down to her and Dina's apartments. They are so cute!


I have come to the conclusion that I live in the international travel guru building....and surrounded by Russians! haha! ;) Dina just came back from Japan (I didn't even know she'd gone! Oops...), I leave this week, and the following week, Narmina is off to some Russian country, which she says so fast and with such a thick accent, I haven't a clue what it is...wherever her homeland is.

Yesterday was pretty much zero productivity level, but that's alright....however, that means today needs to be in motion to get everything done! I watched Roman Holiday with my friend Kristin. I love Audrey Hepburn. That movie is sooo good, too! :) So happy! "Joe, we can't go running around town with a hot princess!" haha! Priceless.

Also, my laptop was literally crumbling in my hand yesterday...a piece of the plastic casing broke off. *sigh* How lovely. I have this feeling that the poor thing may not survive another trip to Europe, but regardless, it must come along. Someone may find it thrown from a train somewhere in Austria if it decides to crossover. haha! Hang on just a little while longer, mister laptop! You can do it! (However, if anyone would like to donate a new notebook or netbook to the Samantha foundation, I certainly won't stop them...  hehe!)

Today has been fairly productive. A steady pace, I'd say. Babysat Kate and Gretchen for a little bit late this morning and ran a couple errands to the conservatory. (I think Todd, the facilities manager, is getting tired of seeing me all the time...I never leave! haha!) Practiced piano, despite its hopelessness, and I work with Chad for a last run-through of my audition materials in a couple hours. Then, the evening will be spent with last-minute details because...

Tomorrow I leave for the big wedding shindig...and 5 days till Europe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment