They certainly are! I never thought there would be so much traffic in Salzburg. I ought to be heading to bed because tomorrow is my audition, but I wanted to post a quick update from Europe and a few pictures.
Today, I explored the Altstadt. Mozartplatz, the Dom, St. Peter's Cemetery (where the idea for the grave scene in The Sound of Music came from), the Glockenspiel, Franziskanerkirche, Toscaninihof, the steps to the Festspielhaus (didn't see it, though), and Mozart's Geburtshaus. Grabbed a bite to eat at a little cafe down one of the side streets around Altstadt. The Altstadt is very charming. :)
Went back to my room for a rest and then adventured out again to explore the Mozarteum and find a place to practice. I stumbled upon the Mirabell Gardens (how can you miss them...they are right beside the school...literally!) and am in love with them. After seeing that, I think I could definitely live here for awhile. haha! ;) Met a nice little American family who asked me to take their picture, and then with the help of a random Mozarteum student, found my way to a practice room. Praying for the best tomorrow. Audition at 12:30pm (Austrian time, of course).
Starting to finally figure out at least part of this little city after getting lost on various occasions. (I am pretty sure I can officially get lost in a paper bag.) Overwhelmed by life at the moment, and feeling a little lot lonely much of the time. (I was ridiculously enough comforted by the slew of American tourists speaking English...BUT I didn't just admit that! haha! One was even wearing an OSU t-shirt...oh, dear! Never actually that far from home, are you?) God sent me here for a reason, however, and hopefully, he'll clue me in at some point. For now, I'll just chill with my man Mozart. ;)
Gratitude 236
The Mirabell Gardens. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment