Sunday, June 20, 2010

12:46pm and I already feel like I've been through an entire day of events!

Apparently, that is what it feels like to get up at 6:30am. haha!

After much begging and pleading by Chad a few days ago, I sang special music at both church services this morning. I must really like that man to do such a big favor so early in the morning. ;)  I "complain" about it (merely because it is too early for singing in this diva's world), but it is such an uplifting thing to do...it reminds me of why I do what I do and that it is really God's voice, not mine; I just get to borrow it for awhile. I am also reminded, once again, of a dear friend's words to me: the greatest possible sin is in not using the gifts bestowed upon you. (And as for the earliness, there will most certainly be a thousand more times in my career when I'll be singing bright and early...starting with my audition next week!)

Speaking of which, one week from today, I will be flying over the vast, beautiful blue to the lands of foreign languages, colorful currencies, fruitful wines, and Mozart! What a wonderful life I live. Thank you, God, for each most amazing day! Lucky.

Gratitude 231
Deodorant. ;) What can I say...I like not smelling. hehe!


Now, I must begin my climb of Mount Everest (aka cleaning the apartment! haha!) and practicing those little things called piano and German. ;) So, I shall leave you for the day with these quotes I found this morning on my iGoogle page, mainly because they just made me chuckle:

"Do not fear to be eccentric in my opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric."  ~Bertrand Russell

"I like life. It's something to do."  ~Ronnie Shakes

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs, it is the rule."  ~Friedrich Nietzsche


P.S. Happy Daddy's Day! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment