Yesterday, myself and four of the other girls from our SAI chapter got up far before the sun and took a crazy road trip to SAI Province Day. It was a long drive and very early in the morning, but it was a great time. We met some fellow SAI sisters from other chapters, sang songs, played games, had chocolate cake, shared stories, planted flowers. (We are already gardening!!! Oh no! I have this weird obssession with the fact that we are all going to be gardeners when we grow up and go around saying things like, "Oh, my petunias!" Who knows if it is true, but it will probably happen. Another one of those soprano/voice teacher quirks that I think we all inherit.)
Tracy and Sarah...members-in-training who get inducted this afternoon!
Alexa is so goofy ;)
We got back around 6pm, sleepy and full of giggles. It feels like we experienced two days in one because we had already done a full day's worth of stuff and then had a full evening of plans. It was a good day, though. Today, however, the lack of sleep is catching up, I think. We have SAI initiation this afternoon followed by our (hopefully very short) final meeting of the semester. Sarah, Tracy, and I are going to go to Build-a-Bear to make SAI bears if we get out in time. hehe! Yes, we are crazy girls. Gotta love it! Besides, life would be so boring without our silly adventures. hehe!
As for the rest of life since the Renee Fleming excitement, Katie and I ran into Lynn in the ladies room Wednesday afternoon and were a bunch of giggling lunatics. haha! I was freaking out telling her the dress story, and we were jumping up and down about how absolutely fabulous it was. I had my lesson just after that encounter, and Lynn made constant references to Renee and continues to every time I see her. After seeing Renee, huge connections in my singing happening in my head, and concepts I have been struggling with for a very long time are clicking. (Gratitude 92) It is so exciting! Although, I have the craziest analogies in my head that makes it work for me. It cracks me up. I am going to be that eccentric voice teacher someday. I can just see it. haha! Nagyon szeretem énekelni! I love singing! I love practicing. And I find myself NOT getting frustrated with myself when I don't get it all the time because I now know exactly what it is and that I WILL get it. I can see the light. :) And the beautiful music in the soprano repertoire! Ah! Nagyon szeretem! I love it! Renee has inspired me. :)
Also, I have stumbled upon an odd "new" philosophy. On Good Friday, I was saying my rosary and started thinking a lot about the line in the Lord's Prayer, Thy will be done. I am not sure why, but I found myself praying that specific line in everything I said, did, or dreamed of for my life. I took a beautiful step towards handing my obsession for control over. And you know, there is so much greater peace in this feeling. I know that He has it all figured out and will let me know when the time is right. Disappointments are difficult (esp. when they sometimes become a frequent visitor), yet they must only be because He loves us that much...and perhaps it just means there is something better coming that we just aren't allowed to know about yet.
Samantha,
ReplyDeleteI am sure I must have missed it, but where exactly was SAI Province Day held?
To continue on the subject at hand, I am so elated that the beauty of spring, with all of its duties and responsibilities that accompany it, have not only visited me this year. Perhaps you will now create a window-box flower bed for your room? If you would like to take your new love of gardening to the next level, why not attempt a vegetable plot? The "fruits" of your labor will be immensely rewarding, and you will receive great pleasure from the plants themselves throughout the year. As for being horticulturalists or botanists "when you grow up," you are adults NOW, so why can you not say things like "Oh, my petunias?"
Renee has indeed inspired you because you are yet speaking of the recital. Have no worries, however, because I should talk of something like that for weeks after the monumentous occasion that it must have been. I am thrilled that you had such a grand experience.
Concerning the spirtual and religious portion of your post, I am inspired and comforted by the "new" philosophy you have discovered to all of your readers. I have experienced it before, but it is good to reacquaint oneself with it, and I am glad to learn that I am not the only one who feels peace and even liberation from the act. This may be a random sentence, but I am glad that not only can I read your blog for insight into music and singing, humorous anecdotes, and education in Hungarian culture, but I can also receive ministration through your walk with Christ. Thank you!
-Tyler.