I sadly, did not get to meet her. I was quite upset by that actually. I was so looking forward to it and having her sign my coloratura arias book. (Yes, I know...I am such a music nerd! I can't help it! I just LOVE it!) However, I could tell by the way she carried herself on stage, the genuine love and passion she had for the music, and the way she spoke to the audience that she is one of the most wonderful people. Perhaps someday I will meet her. And if I could be a quarter of how successful she is, I'd be in sheer bliss.
I snuck a picture! teehee! ...except then my camera battery was dying! Nooo!
Our feeble attempt to photograph ourselves...oh well! We had an absolute blast! :)
I stumbled into a funny little anecdote I can tell now when I went to the toilet before the show, though! hehe! As typical Samantha, the ladies' room is a common stop. However, to find the restrooms I had to walk all over the place under this building and was pretty sure I'd get lost. On my way back, I saw another staircase that I thought would simply take me back up on the other side than when I came down. Not so. I found who I believe to be Renee's assistant...and Renee's dress hanging on a rack!! EEEK! I can only imagine what would have happened if Renee had walked into the stairwell at that time! haha! When I got back up to Isaac and Katie at our seats, I was freaking out...yet again...and they were so confused. I kept saying, "I saw the dress!! It's burgundy! And gorgeous!" They didn't believe me, but sure enough, after intermission, Renee walked out in a beautiful burgundy gown. How cool! (Gratitude 91...for the whole experience!)
I am still completely mesmerized by the entire evening. She is a true inspiration to my work. I really don't know what else to say...I have been left without words...the music only speaks. Yet, I have that lingering feeling I had after my recital...all the hype and excitement and finally it happens...but soon it is over and then what? Prayer, I suppose.
I shall write about my holiday soon. For now, however, I should be in bed, as I have class in the morning...for which I am underprepared because I went out this evening....but it was SOOOOO worth it! :)
I am still completely mesmerized by the entire evening. She is a true inspiration to my work. I really don't know what else to say...I have been left without words...the music only speaks. Yet, I have that lingering feeling I had after my recital...all the hype and excitement and finally it happens...but soon it is over and then what? Prayer, I suppose.
I shall write about my holiday soon. For now, however, I should be in bed, as I have class in the morning...for which I am underprepared because I went out this evening....but it was SOOOOO worth it! :)
I am SOOO glad you had such a fabulous time! I know exactly how you feel, too. That's how she leaves me feeling every time I see her...literally in AWE!! Love the bathroom story, btw hahaha
ReplyDeleteSamantha,
ReplyDeleteI brings me great pleasure that you had such a grand evening at Renee's recital! When you said you could have sat there all night listening to her sing, it reminded me of what my local newspaper's fine arts editor said in a review of the recital she gave here a couple of years ago: he said in homage to her performance of Lerner and Leowe's "I Could Have Danced All Night" that the audience could have listened all night.
Thanks for the amusing episode about Renee's dress; I suppose you earned that much of a nice surprise to compensate for not being able to meet Renee. I am sorry about that last part, for I was hoping to find a story about how you got along with her. I can see it now... when you do finally meet her, you two will have some profound conversation about music or something. If I ever meet her, I do not think I shall even know what to say besides to tell her my name so she can address the autograph.
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us!
-Tyler.