Saturday, September 25, 2010

Up, Down, Circle Around

Sometimes, like now, life resembles the bear hunt game we (or at least, I) learned in kindergarten: at every obstacle encountered in your path to find the bear, you have to decide how to overcome it..."Can't go under it, can't go around it, gotta go over it..."

Basically, life since my last post can be summed up as a cycle of "Soprano Moments" and a touch overboard on the melodrama. (My mother told me the other day that I have always been overly melodramatic. Always have been, always will be...and that's how she knows I can make it in this career. Oh, geez!)

Back at my lessons with Lynn and chugging along with a heaping dose of vocal confusion added in just so there's never a dull moment. She makes my heart happy...and somehow deals with all of my ridiculous nonsensical tendencies! haha! My voice has taken a crazy leap in many ways...and a few steps back in others, so we're working on sorting it all out.

My life is now not only filled with ice cream but also with babysitting. First, the adorable Gretchen and Kate...and then the new family of a quiet 3-yr old boy who never knows what he wants, an overly-rambunctious and "I can't do it myself!" 5-yr old boy, and a precocious and attitude-driven 7-yr old girl. Oy vey! Often, I wonder how/why I agree to things that overwhelmingly test my patience.

"Little Miss Social Butterfly" Samantha seems to be reappearing for the next couple of weeks, too. :) Spur-of-the-moment karaoke night with some friends I haven't seen in 4 months last night. (I think I've stated this once before, but I'll say it, again: Karaoke always sounds like a good idea...and then always turns in to a very bad one! haha!) Surprisingly, it was the most fun karaoke adventure I've ever had. We made complete fools of ourselves and probably (okay, definitely) weren't so kind to our painstakingly-trained classical voices by belting Disney pop music, but sometimes not taking music so seriously is good for the soul.

As for the rest of the social calendar: tonight is "Oktoberfest" downtown with Bradley and Miriam (two college friends); Tuesday is potentially dinner on the balcony (weather-permitted) with Carolyn; Friday is Homecoming/Alumni Weekend, and a few of us "new alums" are going to be completely ridiculous and go to the festivities that night and support our colleagues still in the choir at their concert; then Matt and Amber's wedding on Saturday (last one in the marathon...until next season...),which will begin with a road trip with Chad and Haley! Fabulous!.

That just about sums it all up. Oh, yeah, and I almost got smacked in the face by a butterfly while riding my bike. Like I've said, my life is filled with ridiculous things like this that you just can't make up!

Gratitude 270
Sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment