Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Oh, Jesus loves me...so it's all good!"

This is my new philosophy. ;) Thanks, Sarah.


I am happy to report that I am singing, again. It feels good to return to such a frustrating yet comforting thing. It takes leaving it awhile sometimes to realize how much of one's self is composed of this big little thing. (Yes, I know that's an oxymoron, and I placed it there intentionally...it's what it is.)

There are times in this life when you must persevere through the frustration and struggle ("Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." -Newt Gingrich) ...and other times it is far deeper than that, and if you don't step away altogether for a little while, you'll grow to hate it and potentially leave it forever. This past month or so has been the latter for me. It's complicated to explain this feeling.  Let's just leave it basically at that for now.

I love my "gift." God granted it specifically to me for some purpose (unknown to me...anytime you want to fill me in, God, would be great...how's now sound for You?). Nonetheless, even the greatest of gifts can sometimes feel like a curse. Love it or hate it, it's mine for this lifetime.

My return to practicing will be an uphill journey, but piece by piece, it'll all fall back into place. And who would've thunk it that Beethoven and Moore would be the composers to pull me back and help me work through some of the tension that has settled on my voice?! Everything's gonna be okay. Besides, Jesus loves me. ;)

Now, it's on to the graduate school process...whether I feel ready or not, here it is...hopefully, I feel ready to embark on this endeavor when it appears in my path. Welcome to the roller coaster of my life. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment