Monday, September 6, 2010

A Catch-Up on Current Life Events

I apologize for the hiatus. The only explanation is that I have been lazy. So...I'll do a quick overview of highlights from the past couple weeks...

The last week of August, my older sister Jessi and my nephew/Godson Xander came for a visit. We did some exploration, chased Xander everywhere, and laughed lots. And who would have known that if you give a 2-year old a pickle, approximately 30 minutes of entertainment has been provided for a mere 40 cents...until he proceeds to chuck it at the dashboard because he's over it. haha! Oh, that little crazy man! 




Then, everyone was coming back to campus, so that was a little overwhelming that suddenly everyone was back. However, it was nice to see people, again.

Yesterday was my friend Sarah's wedding. (I've lost track of how many weddings there have been this year...so much food! haha!) It was BEAUTIFUL! It was my first time at a Russian Orthodox ceremony, but I really enjoyed it. It was like I'd been transported to an abbey or something. The entire ceremony was sung. And Sarah looked gorgeous. :) I'm so happy for her and Cole. They are like a Cory and Topanga couple. hehe! ;) Poor Sarah was sick, but she was such a champ.



Other than that, I've just been working and cleaning and all that fun everyday grown-up stuff. (Boo!) Eating ice cream everyday. (Oh, no!) We have to test all the new ice creams and sundaes and floats before they come out...the new Manhattan float is yummy...it's bourbon ice cream with bourbon-soaked cherries and black cherry soda...so needless to say I was quite giggly for the next couple hours of my shift after that. Oh, geez!

Started German lessons with a tutor...they are great, but I need to get my butt in gear, again, with that self-motivation studying thing. Went to a Bible study with a couple of my friends. Slowly singing, again...and stressing myself out just looking at the websites for grad schools. AAAHHH! Life! My birthday is on Wednesday...23! (I have to work, though...ugh!) And my roommate's is tomorrow. So much celebration going on. ;)

Gratitude 265
I got to see my dearest Katie and Bryan yesterday at Sarah and Cole's wedding!!! I was so excited that I was talking about the fact that I got to see them for the past two weeks! ;) Miss you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment