Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Espresso and Sarcasm

That's what happens and or necessary when there are only a few hours of sleep propelling you through the day. haha!

Monday, I woke up early to call the secretary at the Mozarteum in Salzburg only to find out that she is only in the office in the morning. Do you know what that means?! That I now have to call in the middle of the night my time. I just laughed at the ridiculousness of it.

After that "revelation," I set off to tackle those videos of me singing English art songs for my poetry class...that I was supposed to do right after Iolanthe. Oops! ;) That was a disaster!!! I had so many things I was going to accomplish that day...and the entire day was spent on that one project. My favorite. Long story short:
Going through 5 different people to borrow a video camera for this project: nearly impossible...and will take 5 hours of your day. Pack of mini DVDs for the damn camera (even though you only need one!): $20. Blocking out the time to accomplish the task: 1 hour actually means your entire day. Crossing the project off your to-do list: clearly, not actually priceless.
I must send a huge thank-you to my friends Mark and Courtney for helping me out and dealing with the nonsense and laughing at it all with me. Honestly, there is not much more you can do than laugh when life is ridiculous as mine is. Gotta love it! ;)

The worst part, though: my poetry professor hasn't even looked at them! So why did I bust my butt to get them done? Regardless, they are done, and I don't have to stress over them anymore!! Really, all I have left to worry about this semester (aka the next few days) is German, but I can handle that.

After that whole day of turning in circles, I got sucked into Google searches until 2am. Funny how it works that you go on to look for one thing and spend hours. haha! I set an alarm for 4am, so I could make my Skype call, and that nearly scared the bejeebies out of me when it went off. I have to admit that my German is not too bad in the middle of the night. haha! Anyway, at least the secretary was in the office.

Then, I went back to bed...only to be woken up a few hours later by the heating/cooling maintenance man...I forgot that he was coming Tuesday morning. That must have been a sight for him to see...hair everywhere, glasses askew, pjs, and the living room still scattered with papers, pencils, and books from the night before. Oh, well! haha!

Needless to say, the day was governed by espresso, absurdity of the delirium created from exhaustion, and keeping moving so that I didn't mess up my normal sleep time. So...I cleaned the entire apartment INCLUDING most of my room! It was much needed. (And shower drains = disgusting!)

"Senioritis" has struck me this week, the last week of classes. Good that it held out so long, bad that I still have things I need to get done. :-/  Slept for 9 1/2 hours last night, and feelin' pretty good. Now, if I could just get some confirmation about whether or not my registration in Salzburg has been accepted, I could book those plane tickets... ;)

Gratitude 209
Finding this video via another that Joyce Didonato posted on her blog:




I think Katie and I should recreate this! haha! ;) Superaffenturbospitzengeil! (My new favorite German word...it means something along the effect of: That'd be awesome!)

Also...just need to add a second gratitude to this post...

Gratitude 210
Gilligan's Island Season 3 Episode 4: "The Producer"



Um...THE best episode EVER! All I have to say is Gilligan singing Hamlet: The Musical. haha! (The fun starts at time marker 12:18.) ENJOY! ;)

2 comments:

  1. You're studying at the Mozarteum this summer? EXCITING. I did that last summer; just email me if you have any questions. Make sure that they have your housing stuff all right; they had mine messed up and I didn't find out until wayyyyy later (aka after I got there and waited for hours with all my luggage). Who are you taking master classes with? I'm so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not this summer...I am going to audition for the masters degree program. Crossing my fingers all goes well! ;) but whatever happens is meant to be...

    ReplyDelete