Easter break was much needed and fairly relaxing. Finally got to go home...the first time since the beginning of January. Xander is the biggest ham I have ever met...and as stubborn as his Aunt Sam!
Good Friday, however, wasn't so "good" for me, as I spent a fair amount of the morning and early afternoon chilling in the ER with a big, colored, and very gay male nurse named Herman. Why, you might ask? Well, a doctor's appointment Friday morning yielded a blood test order, which we subsequently went to complete at the hospital across the street. Bad choice number one. Ipod in hand, I sat to suck it up and let them fill the three vials. (This is something I detest the most.) About 30 seconds later, I was getting light-headed and trying to breathe deeply and let it pass. Two seconds after that, I fell asleep...or at least that's what it felt like. Apparently, I had passed out, smacked the floor, hit my head, and bit my tongue. What a scene the melodramatic Samantha caused! One minute, Josh Groban was singing to me, the next, one of the scariest moments of my life. I never want to pass out ever again! (Also...note: when speaking with the doctor, skip the part about Josh Groban singing to you...he thought that not only had I hit my head but that I was also delusional!)
Herman called me "Sunshine." Everyone kept asking what happened, like the girl that was just unconscious would know! Various machinery was hooked to me. They wouldn't let me pee until I consented to giving it to them in a cup, so they could confirm that I was not pregnant. (That would be the Immaculate Conception round 2!) Oh, yeah...and they took MORE blood to make sure I wasn't anemic. Yeah, that's brilliant...do it, again, and see if I can pass out one more time! In short, it was a whole lot of ridiculous. And not so much fun.
Other than that, break was good. Although, my head and arm and such are still bruised. I wanted to come up with a sweet story to tell when people saw the big bruise on my arm, but it turns out that the true story is actually quite funny...now. Certainly wasn't then.
Now, it is back to my last stretch of undergrad! Eek! Those big decisions are looming ever closer every day...
Gratitude 200
The family got new cell phones while I was home. Yay for a full keyboard! It is pretty sweet. AND...my diva-style cover is in the mail...full out rhinestone-studded! "Bling bling!" hehe! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment