Yes. This weekend yielded minimal sleep. An evening with my girls Katie and Caitie on Friday...those times are priceless. :) However, getting up before the sun on Saturday morning after probably only sleeping about 4 1/2 hours? Not a fan. But you do what you have to do sometimes. I had a two-hour drive to Oxford, OH with the one and only Chadwick for a singing competition. Oh the nonsense that ensued! haha! Favorite Chad/Samantha moment of the day:
Me: "If I was a superhero, I'd want teleportation to be my super power."
Chad: "Teleportation and invisibility."
Me: "You can only have ONE, Chad!"
Chad: (in a pouty 6-yr old face) "I can have two! ...I'm Chad."
Oh, Chad! I took 4th in my division. Not too shabby. ;) Not a win, but placing is always a good thing. I felt I sang really well. And it was good to get more audition experience if nothing else.
Sunday, then, I had a meeting in the morning to go over my presentation for Undergraduate Symposium on Research in a couple of weeks (not sure what possessed me to agree to that one...) and a Chapel Choir concert. Oh joy! haha. That did me in. Up for over 20 hours straight, didn't sleep too well Saturday night, and then had a full day of events. But I am strong and survive it all!
Gratitude 202
I cannot believe I am actually admitting this (because my mother is going to read this and say, "I told you so" or something), but I am thankful for all the annoying times my mother went through the checklist in the morning...Did you brush your teeth? Yes, mother! Do you have everything you need? Yes, mother! Did you put on your deodorant? Yes, mother!
Why this now? Because I have to do the checklist myself now...and I almost walked out the door without deodorant on Sunday, BUT I caught myself just before. So, however annoying it was, thanks, Mom. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment