Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Undergraduate Symposium Day

Presentation is finally over!! Apparently, it was a success...Samantha, the perfectionist, seems to just keep recalling all the dreadfulness in my speech. I hate public speaking! I mean, I don't necessary mind doing it...I do it all the time, and I am fairly decent at it...but it doesn't change the fact that I do not enjoy it very much. I am pretty much just mad that my musical examples decided not to work after I spent HOURS last night working on it. (I actually had a little soprano fit while I was laying on the floor with my laptop, muttering obscenities, and occasionally chucking a CD that had decided not to burn across the living room floor. Alexa seemed to find it amusing...and then my FULL glass of water tipped over on the coffee table, soaking me and the floor beside me. I just laughed hysterically...another one of those sitcom moments! haha!)

Despite the technological malfunction, things did go quite well. Glad it is over, though. The funniest part is that I was so scatter-brained the hour or so before my presentation that I nearly left my apartment without the presentation, itself! That would have been a much bigger disaster than just the musical examples disappearing.

Other than Symposium today, not a whole lot to tell. Just been chugging along on finishing up my schoolwork. Oh, and my back is in pain...another typical Samantha story...on Monday in Poetry class, I fell out of my chair. In my defense, the chairs we have are on wheels, and my chair decided to continue to go backward when I didn't. Then, PLOP, I was on the floor. It wasn't a far drop, and it didn't hurt; it happened so fast that I could not tense up. However, I awoke extremely stiff and very sore on Tuesday morning, and currently, any stagnant position is not cool. Ouch. :(

Gratitude 206
The weather was beautiful and practically perfect today, and for lunch, the university had a lovely picnic out on the plaza. Plus, I got to be dressed up pretty clothes all day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment