Iolanthe rehearsal had a few mishaps last night, but overall, it went quite well. :) Voice is very tired after this week. Resting. Tomorrow, I sing Phyllis.
I was very happy to see Lynn there last night, even though she didn't stay the whole time. She checked in with me before she left. :) During the Act 1 duet (following my first entrance) between Strephon (my lover) and Phyllis, I sit on a swing and Strephon pushes me. Last night, however, as I sat down to begin singing, the stagehand in the fly accidently dropped the rope, and I kerplunked to the ground. hahaha! At least, Lynn and myself thought it was funny. Mark, my director, not so much. I just kept singing and smiling in the awkward position; if I had tried to fix the situation any more, it would have made a bigger production of the swing malfunction. The guy that let it slip kept apologizing the rest of the night. I just laughed; I thought it was hilarious.
This afternoon, I was leaving to go home after choir and ran across pictures Mark had posted by his door from the dress rehearsals, and BAM! Huge picture of Strephon and me conversing. haha! Costume looks good, though...I was a little worried.
I was further shocked with I opened The Chimes, the university newspaper to find yet another giant picture of myself and Strephon. Whoa! Definitely unexpected. Flattering, I suppose, but never saw that one coming.
Gratitude 172
I am so glad I decided to take fencing. It is so sweet!! I can't wait till I get my sword! Muahaha! Right now, we are working on footwork, aka What-you-need-to-know-before-I-give-you-a-weapon 101. Thank you, 11 years of ballet for grace, proper posture, and pliés...although my thighs are a little wavering under the pressures of many pliés after not dancing for four years...
One day, I will be in an opera and be required to do a fencing scene on stage...and I'll know how to do it! Yay! (The city's opera company is doing Romeo et Juliette next month, and Elise, one of the vocal professors at the conservatory, is singing Stefano and is learning how to fence for a scene right now. Sweet!)
No comments:
Post a Comment