Monday, February 21, 2011

Chicago: T-Minus 2 Days!

Wednesday morning, I'm off to Chicago for audition adventures round two. Life, as of late, has been pretty mellow...for me, that is. Not too eventful , just total craziness and spinning around in circles. Per usual...except for that time Barb related my Puccini aria to a Nora Roberts novel...minus the mystery...during a 2-hour coaching session on Saturday...haha! ;)

Amazingly, I am not super stressed somehow. Hmm...this must be an "improved" Samantha. (Must be all those European vibes coming my way...Everywhere I go anymore, I randomly run into Hungarians! And a few Austrians, too. No joke. This seriously is a small, small world!) People I spent a fair amount of time have been telling me a lot recently that they don't believe I am melodramatic; that they find me a "super chill" person. Huh?! Alrighty then! If you say so.

However, this constant line of commentary about this subject has brought me to observing my behaviors more often, and they may be somewhat right. I overreact...a lot!...and just plain blow things way out of proportion. But most of my "melodrama" is me just being ridiculous...and I know it; I typically do it intentionally (probably just because I find it humorous! haha!). Quite interesting.

Now, though, it is on to packing for my next travels. I love traveling! I can't wait till I get to do this all the time! However, I really need to stop procrastinating on this packing thing... ;)

Gratitude 318
Colin Firth as the most perfect Mr. Darcy! Ah! Yes, I spent five hours of my life this weekend watching BBC's production of Pride and Prejudice. Worth it? Duh! The young Mr. Firth: gorgeous! And his portrayal of the character Mr. Darcy: so subtle in demeanor, yet absolutely spot on! Watch it. It certainly is long, but I don't think you'll be sorry for having spent the time. ;)

Also, every time I watch/read that story, there are some characters I just want to punch in the face. Probably the 21st century woman in me speaking, but seriously, get over yourself, Mrs. Bennet, Mr. Collins, and various others of those loony women! Perhaps, I am just very strong-willed like Elizabeth...
"My courage always rises with every attempt to intimidate me." ~Elizabeth Bennet

No comments:

Post a Comment