Tonight, I quit my job. Okay, so one of my jobs. (Well, actually I technically only put in a "two weeks notice of resignation," but still!) I finally reached a point where I just couldn't take it anymore. The fact that my practicing is becoming a distant memory thanks to this whole "trying to get ahead" business is a MAJOR issue in my world. And let's just face it: No one ever "gets ahead," especially in this career. You just gotta learn to go with it. Liberty and the pursuit of happiness...I feel like one of the weights suppressing my life has been lifted. (And never you fret, It certainly was not the bakery job! I heart my Cherbourg family!)
And now for the REAL exciting stories! Muahaha!
Gratitude 315
For this to make any sense at all, you need a setup of the scene...
A contest entry project for a summer traveling around the world on someone else's buck. Ingenious gay best friend and "resident composer". Ridiculous soprano (aka me). Mastermind of videography. Three ball gowns (worn by me the entire time). A one-minute arrangement of 8 arias with text created in 7 languages. Very bad lip-syncing (clearly, I'm a live singing kind of girl!). Super cheesy acting. The bakery. A tent vs. kayak in Dick's Sporting Goods. The escalators of H&M. The wine aisle of Kroger. Confused yet? hehe! ;)
Yesterday, Q, myself, and our new friend JD spent half the day going all over the city, shooting a music video. Yes, that's right. A music video. It is for an application for a world internship, where I would spend the whole summer traveling around the world, blogging, photographing, etc....for FREE! Sign me up! To sum up this escapade in one word: FABULOUS! Best Saturday in quite awhile, and I'm still laughing about it all! ;)
We started out on the stage in the conservatory for our opening sequence. Very "serious" and all. Then, it was off to the bakery in my red ball gown and white satin gloves rolling out dough and displaying cakes in a very Chinese commercial-esque way. So cheesy! Next, we made our way to a shopping center...where the real madness began... It's pretty fantastic the scene that a girl in a (now purple) ball gown being followed around by a "camera crew" and lip-syncing to an ipod tucked in the back of her dress and hidden in her hair can cause. Love it! Oh, the looks we got!!! (Certainly was also a test of how much I obviously don't care what others think...most of the time...) It was like a flash mob scene or something. The people stopping and staring or walking by with the most absurdly perplexed looks on their faces...cracks me up! Q had the best laughs watching them.
The best scene happened in H&M, where we "borrowed" the escalators. While Q was pretending to shop and plotting deploys, JD went down one escalator while I went up the other, crisscrossing with the video camera. We did this like 20 times. A kid's dream! haha! People just kept looking like, "What the hell are they doing?! Why is she in a fancy dress? Why does he have a camera?" Ahahaha! Awesome! Then there's Q, who was watching the employees and listening to them talking over there headsets, saying, "Do you see this?! What's going on? What are they doing?" The manager came running over as we got off the escalators for the last time. Pretty sure one or two takes more, and security would have detained us...
The madness didn't stop there. No, no. It was only beginning. Dick's Sporting Goods was our next stop. Our thoughts were the rock-climbing wall or a kayak. Sadly, the rock-climbing wall no longer exists, so we moved on to the kayaks, which were all stacked up. We were seconds away from actually taking one down and using it, but we chickened out. (Okay, Q and I did...if JD had had his way, we would have done it.) I seriously have never seen so many employees in a store surrounding EVERYWHERE. Geesh! We were so nervous about the whole thing. I was legit scared and ready to just forfeit this location, but the boys overruled. So instead, we set up in an aisle, Q took stance as interceptor, and I climbed into a tent, hiding out till the coast was clear. Totally ridiculous! Completely hilarious! Two takes and we split before a huge scene broke out. After that, we decided we could get away with anything, so...
We went to Kroger for the wine aisle shoot. Small detail we neglected to remember: they moved that aisle to next to the customer service/security/check-out area. Oh, my! Now in a black glittery gown and a feathered mask, video camera "smuggled" in a shopping basket, there is obviously nothing suspicious about our behavior! ;) Some guy and his little daughter started walking that way, and he diverted her to get out of the way, and instead of being the slightest bit concerned about the entire scene, he instead asked Q about what type of camera JD was using. Seriously?! This whole day couldn't have gotten anymore insanely hilarious!
That was a wrap, and I'll be most absolutely certain to post the end result when the editing is complete. (Should be sometime later this week!) The whole filming scenario probably isn't as funny to people who weren't literally there, but hopefully the above gave you at least a few chuckles. ;) Oh, how I wish we'd had a camera crew following us as we filmed, like behind-the-scenes footage. That would be even more hysterical to watch!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment