I just finished reading this book called Just Like Me, Only Better by Carol Snow. Cute story. Not a great creation in the English language and quite predictable but nonetheless an entertaining little book. I guarantee you it will be the next ABC Family movie (and without a doubt including Joey Lawrence as Jay, the Hollywood talent manager...I can already picture who'd play the roles...). The producers just don't know it yet. ;)
(Wonder if I suggest it if I'll get a share of the royalities...hehe!)
This afternoon was my friend Aani's wedding. She looked beautiful, and it was a lovely affair. She and her new husband Kevin graduated two years ago, I believe, so I saw many people I hadn't seen since then. Lunch, homemade cheesecakes, performances, dancing...I'm exhausted!
Gratitude 254
Old movies. :) Ah! They just don't make them like that anymore. Cary Grant (mmm...what a handsome one he was!), Ingrid Bergman, Katherine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, Gene Kelly, Fred & Ginger, Judy Garland, Rock Hudson, Doris Day, Humphrey Bogart...the list goes on. The real deal talent.
Last night, I was flipping channels and fell upon Casablanca...such a brilliant film! And so artistically done. Definitely the best piece of cinematography ever made. I'm a fan. Then, Notorious with Cary and Ingrid came on. I didn't get to watch it all because it was late, so I'll have to borrow that one from the library, but I was captured by the presence and artistry of the two. So good! Now, as I write, I'm watching Judy Garland's performance in Meet Me in St. Louis... ♬ Clang clang clang goes the trolley... ♬ ;)
P.S. The other day, I decided to hang white rope lights along the rail of the balcony to add some artsy-ness to it. Loving it! ;) Not sure why it took me a whole year to actually do it
No comments:
Post a Comment