Sunday, August 8, 2010

Glory, Hallelujah!

Gratitude 255
This morning, Q dragged me out of bed at dawn because I somehow sentenced myself to help him out by singing for a church he plays piano for. It was a mostly African American congregation, so from the beginning, I knew it wasn't going to be my typical church service.

Such sweet people! From the moment I walked in, people were hugging me like they were my dear old aunt or something, and we'd known each other for years. They cracked me up and made me feel welcome. I'm not exactly a gospel singer, but they were just gracious for the presence of music in their lives. What a lively crowd, too...tambourines, shouts for joy, "Amen! Hallelujahs!", dancing....the Holy Spirit was shinin' through! haha! If only my big gospel friend Jerod had been there... ;)

Then, they had a "picnic" after the last service complete with fried chicken, watermelon, and macaroni. Fabulous! (They kept calling it a picnic, but my friends Bekah and Anthony have informed me on many occasions that, "Black people don't picnic...they barbeque!" That's a direct quote from their mouths, I swear!  haha! Gotta love 'em!)

No comments:

Post a Comment