Recital hearing: ugh! That was not a particularly pleasant experience. Perhaps I was just particularly filled with extra tension and anxiety on top of everything else right now. I had to restart my aria three times. Yes, three. They were quite patient with me...far more than I was with myself. However, I passed, and the recital is a-go for next Thursday. Oh so much to fix before then! Lynn kept reassuring me it is going to be fine, and that I was okay, so not to worry. Well, it's just what I do sometimes. She threw my own words back at me this evening: "Precision, not perfection, Samantha!" She said she was going to quote me...she didn't say it'd be to me! haha! She's right, though. I have not been listening to my own words. But I certainly felt nowhere near precision this afternoon. Lesson tomorrow...just breathe...belélegzom...kilélegzom...
Gratitude 73
I am thankful for the weird, twisted relationship I have with Chad. He has been a saving grace in my life. Our little chats have kept me balanced and in-check. Rants, venting, silliness, jubilation, encouragement, and the occasional metaphorical slap in the face when I needed it. He deserves a gold star smiley face sticker! hehe! :)
Samantha,
ReplyDeleteI am sure that your recital will be fine (if not entirely great). I think that you need to remember that you are a student, a learner, and as such, you cannot be expected to be working or performing at your 100 percent level 100 percent of the time. Give yourself plenty of leeway for error, for errare humanum est (to err is human). Recall "Murphy's Law," that everything bad that can possibly happen inevitably will. How the rest of the world guages you depends upon how you react to the situation. Restarting your aria three times shows that you are optimistic and that you have courage that it can only be better the next time you sing it.
As for Chad's friendship, it is good that you have someone to whom you are close who knows your moods and how to improve them (Sorry, but bloggers who follow you blog, such as me, provide little help when they are faceless, speechless creatures hundreds or thousands of miles away when you need company and encouragement.). It sounds like you and Chad need to meet right before your recital so that you can take everything off of your mind before you sing with what I am SURE is a beautiful instrument.
-Tyler.