Gratitude 78
This morning in stúdió óra (studio class), Lynn let her little diva out and demonstrated in the most captivatingly beautiful way a portion of Schumann's "Widmung." I can only imagine what she was like in her prime...
Well, yesterday, I awoke to the wonderful world of head congestion. ha! Of course I would! Germs have left me alone since the plague the day care kids gave me in May, and now they decide to come throw a party. Umm...not okay with me. Friday, I can be practically dying, and I wouldn't particularly care. Now, however, I care a great deal. Elise said that Giorgio Tozzi (Brian studied with him at Indiana...and Elise and Lynn with Virginia Zeani!) used to say that you were only sick because you had to sing. Go figure. Murphy's Law, I suppose. Then, Elise called me a diva with my pashmina around my neck and eating ginger and being overly melodramatic. (Me? Overly melodramatic? No!) haha! Probably true. Takes one to know one... ;)
I also sang this morning in studio class. One of my Rossini pieces. I might not feel the grandest, but I'm sounding pretty good, if I do say so myself! Lynn hadn't seen the email I had sent her last night yet, and she didn't even know I was suffering, I guess. Yay! Let's keep that up! Please say a little extra prayer for me tonight! I have worked so much for this recital and am super excited about it...now I just need to be able to do it! Dress rehearsal tomorrow afternoon. :) Off to rest some more... I am a terrible rester! I just can't sit still or fall asleep in the middle of the day anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment