Thursday, March 12, 2009

Yes, the dress! ;)

I know you are dying to see the dress, the London dress, so here are a few pictures. Better ones are to come, but they will have to wait because they are not on my camera.










Gratitude 80
The recital went beautifully. :) I still cannot believe that I actually did this after being home barely 3 months. That's crazy talk! I don't think I will ever know how...especially after rubbing elbows with what could have been terrible illness on Sunday..., but I did it! Yay! Jól volt! :) The Rossini set...muah! Fabulous! ;)

Lynn was such a dear, checking in on us numerous times and giving us sweet cards. I love that woman! I could not have done ANY of this without her. She was so proud of us. She has been there through so much...kind of like Chad.

I thought of János tonight, too, before I stepped onstage. :) I would be wrong if I didn't say that he contributed to this accomplishment, too. One full set, my Hungarian set, I feel was his. But I know Lynn respects that. I am so blessed to have had such incredible teachers in my life.

Barb played beautifully. I do wish Chad had at least been there, but I am so glad I got the chance to work with her. She is great fun and has so many wonderful ideas, too. And the Rossini...I must admit, would not have had the spark that it did if it had been done any other way. ;) I still love you, though, Chad!

My family was here, and it was wonderful to share this experience with them. I am thankful they could come, however brief they were able to stay, as they had to leave nearly directly following.

I was surrounding by loving friends as well. :) The SAI circle was the largest I have ever seen it. How beautiful!

Pretty dresses, beautiful music (I really get to sing this stuff?!), sparkly jewelry, diva bows (that was totally one of my favorite parts! I won't lie! haha!), family, friends...I am so blessed. Now back to real life I suppose... But is it really that different? They are ever-present in my life. :) However, I do feel...well, I really don't know what I feel, oddly. I guess I thought I'd feel a bigger sense of accomplishment, but I don't know. It's like that was that and now it's done, so what next? I am glad I did this, pleased with the results, but yet, I feel something is missing... I don't know what I should be thinking right now... Life happens so fast...

1 comment:

  1. Samantha,

    First, I must say that your dress looks beautiful (Yes, I know that there is a certain degree of impropiety in my voicing this compliment since it comes from a young man, but I shall include it anyway.). The photographs you provide are excellent descriptions of your recital. It looks like it was a splendid affair, and if your facial expressions and your post are of any assistance in providing a reader with the success of the evening, I would say that you had a splendid time. Thanks for sharing your special occasion with us. I am pleased to hear that you had fun.

    I suppose that the opera company scout was not at your performance. It is my opinion that they just missed hiring the next great star of American (Or perhaps European?) opera. Were there any camcorders allowed at the performance, and do you think a video of your performance might appear on YouTube?

    -Tyler.

    ReplyDelete