Last Saturday, the lovely Rachael married her "grad school sweetheart," Brian. They are two absolutely wonderful people, so caring and sweet. And what a party! Such good fun with so many beautiful spirits! A million people (I'd never met) from Ohio...Cap grads from yester-years, and Kodaly Institute alums. It's such a small, small world we live in! I'd never met most of these people until that day, but it's like one big family; you feel like you've known them for years the minute you meet them. :) And everyone is connected to everyone else in some way or another!
I spent the day at the hotel with this precious little girl:
Her parents and big brother were in the wedding party, but it was decided that it would be easier for her not to be at the ceremony. So I got the fabulous job of hanging out with her all afternoon! Such a good, sweet baby! :) However, please note: Taking a walk around Beacon Hill with a stroller is not the wisest choice of activities. Those ancient sidewalks were not meant for prams and baby carriers! haha! That was an adventure...
In the evening, everyone returned to the hotel, and the little darling and I joined the party in the ballroom. When I first got upstairs, I walked into the cocktail room with her on my hip, and people from Easter at Rachael and Brian's house were like, "Uhhh...where'd you get the baby...? I mean...you look really good if you had her since Easter..." HAHAHA! Priceless!
Then, Jayne and her husband spotted me across the ballroom with the baby, so we went and said hello. That woman is one of my favorites! :) And it was lovely to meet her husband, too!
Dinner was delicious and included three courses! As their "party favors," Rachael and Brian gave us English Christmas Crackers. (Those two are obsessed with Britain, too! haha!) Inside the crackers were bubbles and mint candies...and paper crowns! What fun!
It was quite the sight to look across the room and see EVERYONE eating, drinking, and laughing, all whilst wearing our colorful new crowns.
When the dancing began, we couldn't be stopped! We danced the evening away. (And it certainly caught up with my body the next day...oy! haha!) Jayne and I even do-si-do-ed randomly! AWESOME! ;)
It was certainly a glorious evening that made me so thankful for all the beautiful people in my life. :)
* * * * * *
In other news, I have had this whole weekend free...and have done absolutely nothing! haha! Lovely to be lazy sometimes, but it always makes me feel a bit guilty for not being a "productive member of society." And watching everyone be so successful in the Olympics, while I just sit and watch feels sort of out of balance! Let's get real: Michael Phelps is 27 years old, has 22 medals, and is "retiring." That certainly can't make the nearly 25 year old sitting here feel under-accomplished! haha!
It's stiflingly hot, and I don't really want to go out and battle the tourists and crowds of people everywhere...but I also should leave the apartment for awhile!
Also...I have totally fallen in love with a recital dress. I want it! I need it! I gotta have it! haha! I know, I know...it's so early for that. BUT the program has been set and in the beginning stages of being learned. There needs to be a trip to try this beauty on when I visit home at the end of the month!!! GAH! Obsessed! =D
(Oh yeah...on a totally unpremeditated whim the other day, I booked tickets for a "surprise" visit home for my nephew's 4th birthday! Shhh! Don't tell him! It is definitely the weekend before I begin classes, again, so I'll be getting back to Boston approximately 18 hours before I have class...because I am basically crazy! haha!)
No comments:
Post a Comment