Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Victory!

I did it! Business plan written! (Alright, alright...it is still totally missing vision and mission statements, but we will just mark those as "works-in-progress." haha!) After I finished my last blog post, I was kind of tired, and even though I was so excited about writing, I kind of just wanted to take a nap and watch TV the rest of the day. But then, I found a lovely little template that Bill must've given me upon our first meeting in December, and the info for my business plan just zoomed onto the pages. It is now off in cyberspace, visiting the computers of a few mentors.

I've had a rather productive few days! I feel like I am in charge of my career and making this happen for real. Only time will tell, but I'm already on this crazy boat, so let's keep on rolling! ;)

On a quick side note, I am reading a book on King George VI and Lionel Logue right now (I am slightly obsessed with British royalty...and I just find his story so fascinating: it's the beginnings of speech therapy!), and I found this quote in the book this afternoon:
"Time and money spent in improving the voice pay a larger interest than any other investment." ~William Gladstone 
All that school debt I have and am acquiring now seems to have far more justification! hehe! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment