As of 4:30 this afternoon when I finished my fencing skills assessment, I officially completed my Bachelor of Music. Superaffenturbospitzengeil! Awesome. Exciting. Weird.
The past two days have been exams, and Sunday evening/night was all the things that distract one from studying...The Disney Channel, brownies from my friend Abby's mom, learning how to "stumble" online, facebook, email, glitter, sorting playlists on iPods, playing in iTunes, cell phones, exam treats on campus (they had tater tots! yum!), coffee, singing along to the music for Alexa and Abby's Music History exam... haha! ;) Despite all that, though, I did manage to get some studying done and feel I did pretty well on all of my exams. :)
Saturday, I was working on my portfolio for my German class...in my pjs, bedhead hair, and unshowered, mind you!...when Q called and said to get dressed and that he'd be there in 10 minutes. We were going to a Renaissance fair. The conversation went a little like this:
Me: "What?! I'm not even dressed ye---"
Q: "Just do it."
Me: "Okay."
Oh, Q! It was pretty cool. The two of us frequently have random, spontaneous adventures like that. And I was back in time to get ready for SAI formal. :)
Now that my exams are finished, it's la-di-da time till Chapel Choir recording Thursday evening and senior events/graduation rehearsal on Friday. What ever shall I do? ;)
A few pics that never got posted from the last choir concert...
Two gratitudes as I play a little catch-up...
Gratitude 213
I do not have to do a voice jury this semester because I gave a recital, however, this afternoon, Lynn let me slip in between people to steal 30 seconds of the faculty panel's time to sing "Dulcissime" under pressure. ("Dulcissime" is a soprano aria from Carl Orff's Carmina Burana...it is only 4 measures in length, but it is one of the most difficult pieces in the entire soprano repertoire, as it is entirely exposed singing...that includes a high D. It is the hardest 4 measures I have ever sang. The high D isn't the problem at all...it's the measure leading up to it!) Thank you, voice faculty, Lynn, and Chad for letting me be slightly ridiculous! It went pretty well for the first time under pressure, so I am feeling better about it. It can only go up from here, right? :)
Gratitude 214
Yesterday in-between exams, Lynn had a little "mock jury" studio class for those who have to give voice juries this week. Her senior students got to sit in and play the parts of the voice faculty. haha! It was A-MAZING! ;) I got to be Lynn for the hour I was there, thus commencing my official status of "Lynn Roseberry-in-training!" Yes! (I don't know how Lynn and Chad put up with my sometimes...I am such a smart a$$ and was completely mocking her...in a completely loving fashion, though. All in good fun.)
Congratulations, sweety!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you here. :)
Thanks, Katrin! Hope all is well is lovely Vienna! Miss you guys! ((hugs))
ReplyDelete