Saturday, May 15, 2010

Birds are fearless.

Or so they seem, anyhow. This morning, I watched the sun light up the sky. I kept waking up last night, so at 5:30 in the morning, I found myself out on the terrace with a cup of tea, watching the sun come up. (I'd say the sunrise, but the trees obstruct the view of the horizon.) As I sat there, I found myself observing the birds flittering around. They dive, swoop, turn, and soar without a cause for care or concern. The birds are rather fascinating creatures to watch. :)

Not much has happened since the big graduation day. Lots of movie-watching, going for walks, cleaning the apartment (I even tackled my room! I know...I have even shocked myself!), running a few errands, practicing, and still on that job hunt...  :/

Chapel Choir Senior dinner with Lynda (now that we have graduated, our director insists that we address her by her first name.) at Buca di Beppos on Monday evening. Pretty fabulous! A four-hour chat at Cup O' Joe's with my friend Miss Koko. (Her name is Sarah, actually, but during her student teaching, the kids continually called her that...or Miss Coconut. Poor, Sarah!) And then sleepovers with Haley and Katie. :)

I've been perusing my travel books and surfing the web to sort out and finalize my travel plans for my two-week European excursion. :) Salzburg for the audition, then off to Munich for a few days, a day trip from Munich to Regensburg, then make my way across to Budapest for the rest of the time, with a day trip to Eger. How exciting!! Now just to finalize accommodations and reservations...

Gratitude 219
Boredom. Yes, even though it is boring (haha!), I am thankful for it...because I know after now, it will not happen very often again in my life. So I'll just embrace it for now. :)

A little more wonder...
This Clip Is Proof That Birds Are Secretly Composers

No comments:

Post a Comment