Wednesday, December 30, 2009

In the wee small hours of the morning...

...that's the time...I possibly finally fall asleep. Possibly. Oh, how lovely it is. This is perhaps the third or fourth night running now that it is clearly well past 3am, and I am still quite wide awake. Oy. So, needless to say, I've also been sleeping extremely late for me, waking when it is nearly not morning anymore. This all very strange, and I am not sure what my body is up to...but I don't like it! You're crazy, Samantha! I don't even think I have much weighing on my mind...certainly not like when I am mid-semester at school. As my sister Jessi says with her latest phrase, c'est la vie, such is life.

Of course, the crazy cunundrums my sisters and I have been getting into...watching movies, playing Scrabble, cooking hard-tack candy, watching Jimmy Kimmel Live and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, delivering endless lines of movie quotes and jokes, etc...haven't helped with the sleep patterns, but I'd say it's been worth it...mostly.

Gratitude 153
I enjoy the craziness that ensues when my sisters and I converge on my mom, jumping into our parents' bed, while our dad has fallen asleep on the couch watching some late-night nonsense, and jabbering away in a far from cohesive manner and ending in fits of giggles--much like we did late Christmas night. :)


Life was somewhat a frenzy leading up to the days before Christmas. Wednesday (Christmas Eve Eve!) held a Christmas party, caroling, and rehearsing with my friend Nick for Christmas Eve mass...it was a rather long day. Christmas Eve was pleasant with cleaning, watching White Christmas, Christmas preparations, singing at Christmas Eve mass (went really well!), family gifts, a little wine, etc. It was beautiful...the music, the snow, the lights, the cold. :) Quintessential Christmas.

At mass, near the end, all the lights are turned out and the slight illumination of the candles upon the altar remain the only glow. I sang Engelbert Humperdink's "Evening Prayer," followed by the traditional "Silent Night." That is my favorite moment of Christmas every year, watching the soft flicker of the candles while I absorb the music echoing through the vibrant acoustic of the little, old, wooden church; it's when I feel Him beside me most of all. :) Köszi, Isten.

Sadly, we awoke Christmas morning to rain, and the green grass peeping through, creating a perfectly muddy mess outside. :( Makes me grumpy when that happens, but we made the best of it. The day began and ended wonderfully...the middle was a bit muddy, like the weather outside, but c'est la vie. Nothing is perfect. I got a lovely new pashmina! Burnt orange sort of color. (Yes, another one! My mom surprised me again. How pleasant! I just love them!) A new watch since mine broke, Season Three of Gilligan's Island AND the reunion episode!...that makes the complete series!, a Tai Chi set, and iTunes cards. I'd say I made off with some pretty awesome loot. ;)

My friend Sarah quoted something a couple weeks ago from a song...My world is changing, I'm rearranging, does this mean Christmas changes, too? I responded to her with, "Yes, it does." I have noticed over the years since I've gone away to college just how life changes. However, until Sarah said this, I don't think I realized it so much before. Perhaps, it is simply because I am in this strange place in my life, approaching a huge transition...and I have no idea what that transition is going to be right now. It's different. (My latest life scheme, as my sister Becca and I were just watching Ace of Cakes is that I am just going to go work there, creating little people out of chocolate, end up in snipits of the show, singing little ditties as I work, and then someone will send me a contract to sing somewhere. haha! Yeah, right! Funny, though.)

Snow has covered everything once again. Actually, not just covered, engulfed in a marshmallow world. It is so beautiful outside! :) The wishing well in the backyard is half-buried in the fluffy white. Xander loves to look out the one window downstairs, watching the birds at the bird feeder and the snow. It's like we're in a snowglobe. :)

Well, good night...or good morning, I should say. Perhaps I will fall asleep now? Not likely. I know it's belated, but Merry Christmas, or Boldog Karácsonyt, and very soon BUEK, or Happy New Year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment