Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Festival: Take 2

After a ridiculous week of rehearsals, including a 6-hour dress rehearsal Wednesday night, two Christmas Festival choir concerts down...two to go. I think tonight went quite well. I had the solo in one of the closing traditional pieces tonight. I was worried about it because it was at the end of a two-hour concert, but all was well. And I had my dears Rachel and Haley beside me. :)

I meant to post last night, but I had German homework to finish before bedtime. Thus, I have two gratitudes to post.


Gratitude 140
My mom and aunt came tonight, and my mom gave me a pretty new pashmina! :D Love it! However, first she handed me a bag of cheese. Cool, but unexpected. (Both came from a sweet country store we pass en route from home and the university.)

Gratitude 141
Last night in the middle of the concert while I was trying to summon the energy reserves in my tired body, I was observing Lynn conducting one of the transitioning carols (when groups change stage, it is all choreographed with walking patterns and Christmas carols with audience participation...it's a science). She looked gorgeous. Her hair, her outfit, her smile, everything was purely beautiful. It was in that moment as I felt drained and exhausted that I was reminded of her life, past and present, and how she has been so strong even when she was spiritually, emotional, mentally, and/or physically tired. It's because of Mama Roseberry (her mom). Her mom was also one of the sweetest people I ever met...and incredibly strong. Lynn is a reflection of her mother. What this gratitude really means, though, is what Mama Roseberry taught Lynn...and all whose lives she touched. Life is precious, and you must live it to the fullest. You mustn't let a moment slip by untouched, and blessings are to be continually counted. She was a wise woman with a heart of gold who is dearly missed, but she lives on in our hearts. I don't know if this gratitude portrays what I meant to say, but hopefully, it makes some sense...it is rather difficult, I find, to explain a feeling. It's like an untranslatable phrase in any given language...words don't always make sense.


Icing my ankle...it's killing me...something has to be seriously wrong with it...although people in the ER a few months ago just dismissed it as a whatever. Then to bed...two more of those concerts to go...and then hard core opera rehearsals, exams, and voice jury to prep for.

No comments:

Post a Comment