Sunday, August 23, 2009

Flowers, bumble bees, and some taps on the shoulder from above...

Gratitude 110
I am thankful for God's little reminders of blessings in life. :)


Mom, Jessi, and I went wine-tasting, and Becca and I took some snapshots of the landscaping at the winery/vineyard:








This last picture is of an inscription on the side of the chapel at my university...an inscription of my "new philosophy" that I embraced several months ago. Yet, I seem to have forgotten to live it.



A week or so before I moved to my new flat, I was walking across campus, and the sunlight fell upon the inscription. I have always known it was there, but I suppose it had slipped my mind. I don't often walk along that particular pathway. Life was at a pretty low point, and as typical Sam, I was trying to hold on to all control myself. (I still am...but I am working on it...) God seemed to be tapping me on the shoulder telling me to just let it all go and what is supposed to happen will, indeed, happen. It so frustrates me not knowing what will come next in this "big picture" of life...or when the opportunities will finally come, but I must remember that His will, not mine, will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment