Sunday, August 23, 2009

Updating blog...Speedy Gonzalos-style! ;)

Wow! I owe a huge apology for not posting for so long. Life happens, and there isn't much that can be done about that. There is still no internet in my apartment, and I went home for a few weeks. I just returned to my apartment Thursday. I am going to try to recap some happenings in Samantha world to bring life up to speed.

My flat is brilliant! I love it! We are still settling but it is nearly all together. I will post pictures on here ASAP. :)

The 21st was névnapom...my name day in Hungary. ;) It actually slipped my mind until I opened my planner that evening. Just a little fun trivia.

Also, speaking of ridiculous trivia, my little sis and I decided that Chad, Tracy, Q, and I are Will and Grace in a little package deal. haha! I have always joked that Chad and I are like Will and Grace, but we thought about the four of us together and decided that Chad is Will, Tracy is Grace, Q is Jack, and I, somehow, Karen. On some bizarre level, it all works.

I am currently working as a Global Ambassador for the international student orientation at my university. The Japanese students on a three-week study program here from Kyushu arrived this afternoon. They are adorable! It is like deja vu of being plopped in Hungary! haha! They speak English fairly well, but it is the circus act of trying to interpret meanings. Slang terms always complicate matters. So far so good, though. They are learning quickly and so am I. Tomorrow, we are going putt-putt golfing! :) Exciting! The rest of the international students, which are here to begin degree programs, will arrive tomorrow.

Classes for the fall term begin next Monday, August 31. Ready or not, here they come. It should be alright. I cannot believe it is my senior year! In less than a year, I will be holding my Bachelor of Music! Eek! So crazy! And so huge! I have smacked into the "What do I do next?" brick wall. I find out about the scholarship I applied for to spend a year of study in Hungary next month. I have also been toying with that Fulbright application. However, my proposal ideas have screeched to a halt. I had a million and now none. I need to find a set of Hungarian songs to focus on, and then it will all fall into place, but until then I am back at the beginning of my research. Jaj! As for grad school...AAAHHHHHHH!!! I have NO idea what to do! I want my Master of Music, but I need to find the right place and the right teacher for me. Nem tudom!

This summer has certainly not been my favorite, but I suppose we all must weather through some storms to find the clear skies. However, growing weary and tired takes so much energy out of you. I was feeling so burnt out...and the school year had yet to even come close to beginning! Nem jó! But then I got to tie up some loose ends and finally spend some time relaxing at home. All will be well. And now for some of those updates...
Enjoy! :)

Note: The updates will consist of the next three postings. They are in order from oldest to most recent info. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment