As promised...some snapshots of my lovely little flat. Except that it is laid out in a different shape and an extra bedroom, it reminds me a lot of Katrin's flat in Vienna. :)
I also accomplished my other goal of finishing the SAI bulletin board! Impressive, huh? Actually, the pictures still need pinned up on the board, but they were all sufficiently glittered this evening and laid out to let the glue dry first.
Today was the first day of classes. Oy! Good but frazzling...for all. This semester, I don't have class till 11AM!!! The first time ever that I don't have 8AM or 9AM classes! :)
I received two syllabi today that were like 7 pages. Okay. That's fine. What's wrong with double-sided copies, though? Let's save some trees, please! It's easy bein' green!
My ethics professor is pretty much the absent-minded professor. haha! You know Ape big ape on George of the Jungle? For some odd reason, my professor reminds me of him.
Right of the bat, I had a lesson with Lynn. It was INTENSE. But in a good way. I did so well not getting very frustrated at all. However, I am pretty sure I was frustrating her a little bit as she tried to figure out a million different ways to tell me the same thing. It's getting there, but I realized today just how much work I have cut out for me for this year on my voice.
My German class, I think, is going to be sweet. Dr. Moeller is brilliant. She is from Hamburg, Germany, and this is her first year teaching at my university. At first, she has this big, stern German facade, but then the shell cracks and she has this ridiculous sense of humor. I think it'll be fun. As soon as she walked in the classroom, she started speaking to us in German and expected us to pick up on how to respond. I got it right from the start...I knew my German knowledge would begin to bounce back...hopefully it keeps happening! ;) (P.S. Katrin and Martin, thank you for correcting my pronunciation of "universität," so I didn't look like a complete idiot when I had to say to answer a question with it this afternoon!)
Then, I thought I may have heart failure at the price of some books I had to purchase. Oy! I just don't understand how something so little can cost so much! It's like a scam!
Well, I only have one for tomorrow, so it'll be an errands day. My roommate wants to get a hamster. I kind of want a little fishy. ;) Who knows what tomorrow will hold...
Gratitude 112
It was an absolutely beautiful day. And although frazzling and exhausting, I'm doing my best to let that lovely sunshine flood my entire life. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment