Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Some things are meant to be...

...the clouds moving fast and free...the sun on a silver sea...a sky that's bright and blue... (sorry...musical moment!) Anywho...It's official!!!! I'm going to Hungary! The letter isn't exactly in my hand yet, but Dr. Mathias stopped me in the hallway this afternoon. (She's the lady who runs the program and the one who has tutored me...she is one of the greatest pedagogues I have ever met and such a sweetheart! And she is retiring at the end of the semester! :( She shall certainly be missed!) She has been trying to schedule a meeting with the selection committee, but it was posing impossible since the dean would not return her messages (argh!), so she decided to do it by email. She said she hadn't heard back from everyone yet, but enough had to tell me...and I had her full recommendation. I am SOOOO excited! I gave her this huge hug and was pretty much jumping up and down. I mean, I knew there was really no question about whether I would get to go, but there is always that nervousness waiting for an official outcome. This was certainly a fabulous turn to a not-so-fabulous day. (I had another audiation exam today. Yuck!) I also ran into Lynn in the hallway later and shared the great news with her...no surprise to her I'm sure! This is going to be so good for me! Europe watch out! Samantha's on her way! (at the end of August, that is!) And Katrin....I'll certainly be coming to Vienna while I'm there! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I'll be in Venice in the second week of September, but anytime else - my airbed in the kitchen is yours... :) I'll chill some famous Austrian white wine for your visit. (When's your bday?)

    ReplyDelete