Sunday, March 2, 2008

My computer was killed...(but it's all better now!)

While I was home for break, I took my computer in to get it checked out because it was doing some weird things. Well...the Geek Squad killed it! Not really, they just replaced my hard drive without notifying me first. All of my information was GONE! My music was GONE! My papers were GONE! More importantly, my music was GONE! (Who cares about the papers...they're already turned in.) Needless to say, I was in an incredulous state, laughing and crying at the same time as the guy told me what they had done. I wasn't mad, just frustrated and not believing what had just happened. Luckily, though, my mom's friend's son is a super genius with computers and was able to take my old stupid hard drive and transfer my documents and music to the new one. YAY! My music's back! And after a crazy long time re-downloading my internet programs, instant messenger, etc. my computer is all better. Now, I'm back at school and have a mixed set of emotions. I don't really know how I feel. It's almost as if I'm homesick, which is kind of ridiculous. I'm only 3 1/2 hours away and will be back for Easter break in a couple of weeks. It's been strange. The past couple of times I have come back from breaks, I have felt this way. Wanting to be here but not wanting to be here. Life is so confusing. My mom asked me the other day if I still wanted to go to Hungary because I did not have to. Of course, I want to go! I'd be insane not to, but I am kind of freaking out about the idea. The more it is becoming a reality, it kind of scares me. If I am "homesick" 3 1/2 hours away, it makes me wonder when I'm an ocean away. I've been to Europe before and loved it and know I'll love it even more this time. But there is no going home for four whole months. Oh, whatever...I'm just overreacting right now. I'll be fine. And it'll be amazing. I actually got back to school yesterday afternoon. One of my dad's friends was going right by my school, so I rode with him a day early and stayed at a friend's apartment for the night since I could not get into my dorm yet. It was a pretty boring night. I probably should have practiced, but I was tired and knew I would not get anywhere even if I did go to the conservatory. Instead, I phoneticized some German, watched television (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and House to be exact), and had some peppermint tea. My mom called and we talked for an hour and a half! Crazy! She was watching Harry Potter, too, and wanted to know why things were happening. She's never read the books or watched the movies, and the night before the first movie was on. She was hilarious. We would finally hang up and not even a half hour later, she rang again asking more questions and laughing hysterically at Ron being scared of the big spiders. This went on pretty much all night. It was quite humorous. It was nice, though. As much as my family drives me crazy, I gotta love 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment