The world of a crazy soprano who loves life and singing...and can be absolutely ridiculous at times...
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
And now the acceptance letter...
I got my acceptance letter in my mailbox today! YAY! This is so crazy! I cannot believe I am going to Europe...for four months...alone. (Yes, I am the only one going!) Exciting but scary all the same. I admit that I am completely freaked about flying over an ocean by myself. However, it is going to be so worth it! I pretty much wanted to sing it from the rooftop as I held the letter. This is really happening. Wow! But you know, it just feels so right. As corny as it sounds, the part at the end of The Princess Diaries 2 when Mia is announced queen, she takes this uplifting breath and exhales in this way that you know it feels right. Those moments are incredible...and this is one of them for me. I, of course, popped my head into Dr. Mathias' office this afternoon with the letter in my hand. I told her I just had to come say hello and thank you. She says she is so excited for me and is so happy that I am so excited. We figured out how I'll have to do my scheduling for next semester and discussed what I need to do next. Right now, it is kind of one step at a time and go with the flow. I have approximately five weeks left of school to figure out as much as possible before I move back to PA for the following four months. I need to figure out plane ticket stuff, when I am going to get there, when I'm going to leave...the list goes on and on, but despite the stress of it, there is an air of fun to it. Just knowing what the outcome of all this planning is....Ah! This is so right. Thank you, God, for all you are blessing me with! As for the rest of my life, I was home on holiday for Easter from Thursday thru yesterday. It was nice. We had a good family Easter. (I got my new ipod! yay!...and my older sister gave me some cute clothes of hers to wear for the next year or so till she can fit them again...she's going to have a baby...I'm gonna be an aunt!) I relaxed, took a break from singing, spent time with family, etc. Saturday, I went and saw the NY Met broadcast of Tristan und Isolde. It was really cool. Five hours long but really cool. The tenor flew in from Berlin with short notice to fill in because the tenor who was supposed to sing was sick. It was crazy...they were teaching him the blocking during the intermissions! I think I'll be going nuts if that ever happens to me! Opera is usually so romantic and makes me cry, but being in the field myself, I cannot help but laugh at probably the most serious and dramatic parts...like when someone is dying. One guy was stabbed and completely fell off the stage (on purpose)...giggles...another guy died and then proceeded to crawl off the stage...more giggles...Tristan's hair got stuck on the belt of the guy holding him...chuckles. Oh, opera! Gotta love it! I got to see the Romeo et Juliette broadcast with my mom back in December (her first opera experience). It was absolutely gorgeous!, but, of course, when they died together, I burst into laughter. It's horrible, I know. It's just so melodramatic. (And recall my melodramatic tendencies. hehe! So ridiculous!) Anywho, the whole time I was watching Tristan und Isolde I kept thinking, "Thank God I NEVER have to sing Wagner!!!" I'll watch others sing it, but I am SO glad, I never will be the one singing it. Give me Rossini or Donizetti or Bellini or Mozart any day. That's who I am...and what my voice is meant to sing. No Brunhildes for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That last sentence made laugh out hard! :)
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you! Hopefully you'll be able to keep up with your blog while you're there so I can read all about your amazing time. I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteOh good, I can't wait to read all about it! What an amazing opportunity for you. Have a safe trip!!!
ReplyDelete