☼Sun Drop☼
So...last night after a concert at the school, a few of us took a walk to Harvard Square to go for a beer at a pub. While walking across the square, we were walking on the sidewalk behind a small group of people that turned out to include...Audra McDonald and Norm Lewis. Yes, this really did happen. (Even though my brain is still having trouble registering it as fact!) The pre-Broadway run of Porgy & Bess has been taking place here in Cambridge (and I have been secretly hoping I'd have a chance encounter with them!).
At first, I didn't realize that's who it was until my friend Brian asked if that was her. Then, of course, when I did realize it, I started giggling uncontrollably because I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. Apparently, I do get star struck. haha! Ridiculous! I managed to pull it together long enough to introduce us as music students and that we were just so excited to see/meet her. Audra was so sweet and let us take a picture. :) I was still giggling for hours after...and cursing myself for acting like a blibbering idiot! haha! Oh, man... Tomorrow, some of us are going to go try to nab some standing room tickets to the matinee. (It's been sold out for weeks, so it's our only option to see the show...I stood to see Juan Diego and Diana Damrau at the Met, and I'll stand to see this show, too! hehe!)
As for that update I promised, I've kind of lost hope that I will actually catch up that far back. Just know that I seriously have a wonderful life, I am such a lucky/blessed girl, I love my school, I totally love my teacher, and they are keeping me busy, busy, busy!!! =D Things have been a little stressful this past week, but all will be well. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment