Well, I feel like crap. I don't know what it is, be it allergies, a head cold, or whatever, but I don't care. I just want it gone NOW. :*( Instead of having an adventurous weekend exploring more around the city, I am still in bed with a terrible fogging headache, watching (or more so listening) to the Met Opera HD marathon on PBS. The only really positive thing in this whole scenario is that I do not have to do anything or be anywhere till Tuesday, but I can't start the semester in compromised shape. ACK! This is not cool.
I have quite a lot of catching up to do on events of the past week, too! Tuesday was the first day of orientation, which meant meetings basically from 10:30 to 5 and lots of meet-and-greets and small talk. My brain was on information overload, but it is all very exciting and lots of new people were/are being met.
Wednesday brought meetings for my community programs assistantship, a voice dept. meeting, and the first of the proficiency exams...music history, which I can officially report that I passed with flying colors! YAY! (I received the results just the other night.) I had felt pretty good about it, but I wasn't counting my chickens yet. haha! Oh, yes, and my voice lesson was that day...
Ah! Jayne is out-of-this-world AMAZING!!! We clicked from the moment she walked into the room. Such a sweet, effervescent, and extremely talented woman! I am honored to have the privilege of working with her and cannot wait. In the hour we spent together, a large part of which was spent discussing my vocal past, present, and future, I can only imagine the wonderful things we will accomplish. :) She is just as ridiculous as I am, so the two of us together is kind of hilarious; we both get excited about the littlest of things. hehe!
Thursday held meetings on my favorite subject...finances and loans. NOT! Ugh. Needless to say, they just gave me a terrible headache for the rest of the day. Theory proficiency exam...never seen nor taken an exam hat difficult! Wow. Don't have to results on that one either. (And as for the second theory exam on Friday morning...oy vey! I'm proud of myself for remaining calm the whole time, though!) There was a social event at a bar a couple blocks from the school that I popped in for a bit on my way home.
Friday was the last of the exams and my diction placement audition. Nice planning to have a very tense exam right before having to sing. It went alright, though. I was not the happiest with my performance, but it's main purpose was to hear my language pronunciation, so I am not fretting too much about it. There will be a million more times that they will hear me, the good and the bad included. I also registered for classes, and unfortunately, was shut out of my Alexander Technique class. :( Lame! I'll just have to find a way to fit it in another semester. For now, I get to take European & American Cabaret instead. That should be fun! And the professor is a Hungarian-Romanian! ;) She will also be teaching my Dalcroze Eurhythmics class, as well.
I had a few hours after all that to go back to the house and change and sort through the boxes of books Mom had sent. Then...
☼Sun Drop☼
It was off for an incredible evening on a private Boston Harbor cruise! :) So gorgeous! I love this place! No better way to conclude the week than seeing the skyline all lit up under clear skies with a glass (or two) of wine. Such fun! (Friday was also Xander's 3rd birthday...Happy Birthday, mister!)
Yesterday, I ran a bunch of errands, trying to ignore my sinuses and the impeding migraine I felt they were creating, until I felt like a Mack truck had smacked me upside the head. It's not a migraine and doesn't appear to be a sinus infection...but it feels the same as all that. I just want it to go away!!! Praying it's gone tomorrow...or at least by the time I wake up on Tuesday. I cannot begin the semester with illness!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment