☼Sun Drop☼
| Just one reason why I love Harvard Square...coming up out of the T and seeing this. :) |
The museum: awesome! Sadly, the Chihuly visit ended the day I arrived in Boston. :( So lame! However, I did get to see the Monet Cathedrals series on loan from Musee de Orsay and some absolutely stunning van Goghs, Renoirs, and other Monets! It also always blows my mind when I see things that were created in 200AD or whenever that are still in incredible shape! I mean, I understand that there is restoration and preservation involved, but still. The impeccable details are still there despite the wears of time. Basically, if you want something to last thousands of years, make it in marble (and just pray that limbs and noses won't be lost! haha!)!
I stood/sat staring at the impressionist paintings for probably a half hour. I am just in awe by them. Here are a couple of photos I took that turned out well. (I look anxiously forward to the day when I can afford one of those lovely Nikon digital cameras with a manual zoom lens... *sigh*)
I seriously love this city! I am so meant for this place. Sometimes, I forget that I am still in the U.S. That may seem silly, but it is true. It is at once a quintessentially "American" city and seemingly not on this continent. It feels so "European"; my senses forget that I am still on this side of the world...the languages I hear surrounding me, the city squares, the green spaces sprinkled all around the buildings, the old architecture, the T/subway, the museums! The only times in my life I've seen all these things in one place have been in my travels overseas. (My brain also wants to slip into "foreign language communication" mode...which is sometimes true between East Coast English and Mid West English! haha!) Additionally, I love how there have been numerous occasions when I have been asked for directions/information. My favorite game...fool the locals that I am a local! Muahaha! I think I've got this place under control. What do you think? ;) (Although, I, without fail, get lost in the streets around Harvard Square. It's not like it's difficult, either!)
I am so tired lately, so it's off to bed now. Plus, I need to start inching my schedule up so I am not a zombie once school begins, and I have to be up at dawn! Studying for these entrance exams are stressing me out, too, so that is wearing down my alertness, too. (Prayers I pass the proficiencies please!) New mattress foam came this afternoon, so hopefully that will give me a better night's sleep and pull the kinks out of my neck!
Tomorrow: grocery shopping...and hopefully my throat will be doing better, so I can practice!
No comments:
Post a Comment