I figured I just drop a line or two to let everyone know that Irene did me no harm. I am perfectly fine, and now, it is perfectly lovely outside, again. I got off with just some rain and gusting winds, but nothing drastic. My heart goes out to those that actually had to deal with crap dealt by her (and to the poor sea turtle that got washed up on a road by the coast! :( ).
I was stuck inside all day, though. So what do I decide to do? Bake cookies, of course. Naturally! haha! However, it did not end up as wonderfully as I had planned. I do not like the oven that I have to work with one bit, and it ruined my cookies. :( They taste okay, but they are no longer the same cookies I set out to bake. *Sigh*
I also spent the day reading Jane Eyre. I am hooked! Why have I waited so long to read this book?! (It could be that I hated her sister's book, Wuthering Heights, about as much as I am enjoying this book! ha!) I can't say that I wasn't doing something intellectual, but it did distract me from studying for my exams...ugh. I am probably subconsciously (...or consciously...) avoiding it, because of the daunting amount of info and the reality that I most likely will have to take the review courses. Not a terrible thing. C'est la vie. But it will add to my workload, despite their zero credit status. Oh, well. All will be as it was meant. ;)
Orientation begins tomorrow...ACK! The madness is about to really begin... Nervous, excited, ready for it, not ready at all, happy, overwhelmed, slightly daunted, not sure what is really to come, but knowing there is a bigger purpose driving me to continue this path, which some say I've chosen...and I sometimes feel has chosen me. (Only time will reveal that one.) Let's do this!
☼Sun Drop☼
Finding this in the archives: Wisdom....and, of course, this.
Cheers!
Glad you're okay. My BIL had to move his family prematurely into their still empty house in Monsey when his bungalow in the Catskills got crushed by a tree. Thank the one above no one hurt, so that's what counts.
ReplyDelete