Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October Rain

And God continues trying to remind me...


I got soaked walking home from babysitting this evening from the "drizzling" rain. (It was very nearly pouring.) And what happens as soon as I get to my apartment? It stops raining. Go figure. But then, right outside window/balcony appears a HUGE full arch--and rather vivid--rainbow. :) I grabbed my camera and ran out on the balcony...soaking the pants I had just changed into... haha!

This weekend: Awful. Grrr!! So many angry things, which don't need to be elaborated upon.

Sunday: Somewhat redeemed the weekend by the fabulous productivity/creative genius streak that occurred around 5pm...I whipped out my personal statements for my grad school applications AND had a great ground-breaking practice session (let's pray that stays!!)! Bazinga!

Monday: Brilliant. :)  Gratitude 282--Awesomeness applause for the day went out to: Joanne at College Loan Corp., Karen from the university loan office, the student secretary in the registrar for putting together my transcripts ON THE SPOT, and Eric in Career Services for his phenomenally prompt response on reviewing my essays. Thank you, guys! ;)

Today: Mostly successful. Clearly, this evening, my productivity level is bordering on zero, but whatever...I'll be up a few more hours anyhow, so there's still time. ;)

Question of the day: Why does it seemingly take 17,000 people to set up and make my recordings happen?! Okay, yes I'm exaggerating...it's more like 7, but still. Schedule coordinating is the biggest stressor of my life! I want this to be kick-ass, but I also am ready for it just to be done! Recording is awesome in the sense that you then have put a physical stamp in musical history (regardless of whether or not it is a commercial recording). However, it is unbelievably nerve-wracking, taxing, and stressful. You want so much to have the "perfect" live take (esp. since it isn't a commercial setting where small things will be digitally mastered), you are on edge and somewhat tense because anytime you screw up, that take is scrapped. :-/ That, and it is just a pure pain in the ass trying to get everyone in the same place and on the same page at the same time. I am discovering that nothing is ever "ideal."

And...last but not least...for your boredom or viewing pleasure, here are some ridiculously fabulous things I've stumbled upon recently while I should have been working on my essay revisions...ENJOY! ;)


How To Tick People Off  (My favorites are #7, 11, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, and 32! haha!)
Collected Quotes from Albert Einstein  (A genius...AND witty!)

I LOVE this improv group...they are hysterical and so brilliant! (I hope he had hand sanitizer with him that day, though...eek!)



This is just awesome...and I'm sure he had too much time on his hands to come up with this! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, grad school. I've just started all that transcript, essay, recording stuff and it is rather overwhelming. You'll make it, though! I found the best thing to do while recording is have as much fun as possible while staying as concentrated as possible. Write yourself notes in red for the next take and don't wear yourself out. It's never going to be perfect, so just try to do the best you can and settle with what you can do. :) You've done all the work, now's the time to shine. Good luck and I hope God keeps sending you rainbows. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done recordings before...but this time, I have to do video AND audio, so that just adds a little bit of stress and more people to coordinate with into the mix...fun fun! ;)

    And as of early this afternoon...all applications done! Woot!

    ReplyDelete