Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mr. & Mrs. Jones

Last Saturday, my dear friends, Matt and Amber, tied the knot in a beautiful and quintessentially "them" ceremony. Everything from the day's beauty yet simplicity; it's half-hour late start (Matt is never on time for anything! But we love him anyway!); singing to each other before the exchange of vows; reading each other their several-page, hand-written, personality and story-filled vows; and a photo booth at their reception. Plus, they are just too perfect and cute together. :)







In the church, my friend Haley and I had to keep reminding ourselves that we were still in Ohio, because that church reminded us so much of the numerous cathedrals and churches we've wandered in throughout our travels. (Someday, Haley and I are going to travel in Europe together, and it's going to be the most ridiculous, misadventure-filled event of our entire lives! Those anecdotes will scream best-seller! haha!)

Even better, it was road-trip day with the one and only Chad. Fabulous! Endless gossip, anecdotes, chats, and even a few heart-to-hearts over those several hours driving to and from the wedding. I've missed that man! Actually, it lasted while we were at the wedding and the reception, too. haha! We are like the two little kids in the movie theater that no one wants to sit by...esp. when we're sitting in the church for nearly an hour waiting for the ceremony to begin! Oh, boy! ;) And at the reception, we were sitting with Jackie, one of the vocal professors, who is a complete stitch, so clearly, it just kept going!

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

As for this week, it's been quite the something. It's just been long and exhausting, but I'm surviving. ;) Monday was work, a German lesson (Have I mentioned how I've sort of got a crush on my tutor? Yeah...the catch: he's engaged! Bah! Every time...every time...they are all engaged, already married...or, of course, gay. haha! Go figure.), and Bible study. Tuesday was work and babysitting those...children. Can I just say that I just about had a heart attack that afternoon?! In short, the 3-yr old had a head cold I was not previously informed of (great! If I get sick...), an extra (very rude) 5-yr old because of an impromptu play date that was thrown at me, said extra child sneezing a huge snot bogey and wiping it on his sleeve then refusing to wash his hands equals a germaphobe Samantha freak-out. It was all made better by dinner with my friend Caitalin at a great Indian restaurant. Yum! So. Much. Food! haha!

Wednesday was tea and bagels with my friend Caitie who dropped by in the morning, work, a to-do list, a recital to listen to the lovely Lynn sing a piece, and an As Time Goes By/The Nanny night with Haley and her dog Geneva. :) A brilliantly British day.

Then, today was a welcomed reprieve. It was me day. Catching up on some missed television shows. (Glee has redeemed itself from its disastrous Britney Spears episode last week.) Getting sucked into YouTube videos of the incredible Monserrat Caballe. (So much so that I then had to rush to be presentable to society for the actual day...haha!) A great lesson with Lynn...the puzzle pieces are beginning to fit together. :) Babysitting Gretchen and Kate. Then, an evening of "working on things that need to get done" aka wilting on the couch watching television and trying to get myself to actually be productive. In my defense, I did cross of about half the list today. :)

Gratitude 274
The brainwaves that Lynn and I seem to share. Somehow, we never have to actually try to explain something because we just seem to get it. We are pretty much the same person sometimes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment