Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Health Update: I was doing so much better and felt practically perfect yesterday...then today, I woke up sounding beautifully raspy. Laryngitis?! Fabulous! *sigh* Hopefully, it'll be back to normal tomorrow...otherwise, there may not be a voice lesson in store for me this week...  :(

My new creative endeavor: baking bread! hehe! First, it is soooo easy! Second, finally bread like you buy at the markets in Europe...looks like perhaps no more American "squishy" bread for me! ;) Third, if a recipe tells you NOT to grease/spray the pan, DO! Basically, my first attempt lost the bottom of the loaf because it stuck to the pan. *sigh* Guess that just means I have to give it another go! Mmm...cinnamon, perhaps?! :)

My most recent scheming: I kind of really want to move to Boston. :)

♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦

Yesterday was a fabulous day. I started it off with a cup of chai tea and toast with jam, a charming video by the lovely Joyce Didonato, and started a grad app. (All of my applications are now underway and at least half-way complete...now for those recordings...) It was a very long and exhausting day, but it was a good one. Work, listened to a bit of Ella while getting the shop ready to open, practiced, made some good progress in my German lesson, went to hear the university rock band perform, and then Bible study. Three outfit changes and whizzing around in a bit of a tizzy was a bit much, though. ;)

Today, I called it before it even happened: an eclectic mix of happenings and emotions and a sprinkling of "Are you kidding me?!" moments. Okay, so the latter was a bit more than a sprinkling, but it wasn't a terrible day. Babysitting those...kids...actually wasn't too awful, either!

Gratitude 276
This evening, I met with the director of admissions for one of the schools in Boston. He just happened to be in Ohio this week and asked if I'd like to meet and chat over coffee. How awesome is that?! We talked for an hour and a half! I really like so much about the place, but of course, I won't know if it's "the one" until I see and experience it in person. Sounds wonderful...I've got my spies out... (I have a friend that is currently there.) I'm totally sold on the city, though!!! Ah! Sounds like a quintessentially "Samantha" place. :) A little bit of Europe in the States. Yes, please! Can I just go now? hehe! Also, the school is apparently surrounded by Harvard...um...get me a Harvard boy? Sounds good to me! haha! ;)    

P.S. Mommy's coming to visit tomorrow!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment