Friday, January 4, 2013

And then the holidays were over...

*le sigh* Can we turn back time to have another two weeks, please?

It was back to Boston yesterday after two weeks at home.  I am thankful for being able to take this much time for my home visits over the years, but I am typically never ready to return from them. (And it is uncertain when the next will happen...)

It was a laid-back kind of holiday this year. Not a lot happening, and you know what? That's quite alright. I'm glad for the rest, repose, and pj days. Unfortunately, I was sick for a good portion of it and actually still not feel fantastic...ringing in the new year with a sinus infection to top this illness off. Oy! But I have drugs now for it, so hopefully that will knock it all out of me because no illnesses allowed this semester!

Cornflakes the Snowman

After two weeks of baking cookies for Santa with Xander, building snowmen, playing legos, watching all the Charlie Brown specials, quoting Elf endlessly, eating the entire 3-lb bag of gummy bears, and attending Becca's soccer practice just to listen to her South African coach speak (hehe!), it is back to reality and no more slacking on this recital music! (Needless to say, I am more than a little behind on my music...and feeling the stress! However, I have a large portion of the next week to be dedicated only to that, since classes don't begin, again, until the 14th...and I had to be back early. I have to admit, I am a little jealous of all the people that get that extra week on holiday, but duty calls for my community programs assistantship...and I should probably go to work, too... Blargh.)

So, I'll leave you with an overview of my holidays in photos. Enjoy! :)

Baking cookies for Santa...with pink sprinkles, per X's insistence!
The snow fell more and then some more after that. It was like being in a snow globe. :)
X and I discovered Photo Booth on my new iPad...
Rafiki.
My fake look of surprise (we both knew what we were getting.)...
And Becca's "Academy Award-winning shock"
The story of this snowmobiling helmet for X is just ridiculous, but he loved it, so that's all that matters.


Happy 2013! May it be filled with blessings and goodness. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment