Monday, June 27, 2011

Xander, Butterflies, Slushies...and MORE sugar!

I've been going to write for several days now, but I've either not had the time or been too tired. I love writing, but anytime it's been a long time since the last post, I continually put it off because there is so much to catch up on. So many things to say!


Gratitude 358
Last Tuesday night, Jessi and Xander came to visit. They got in late at night, and we went straight to bed...that is, after we calmed X down! haha! The next day, he was up bright and early. We made carrot cookies...



...made telescopes out of empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls, went for a walk to the library, the coffee shop and the bakery, and then went to see the butterflies!



Xander throwing coins into the pond: "I make a veesh!" (wish)

He loved it! But he wanted nothing to do with them touching him! haha! Just like his Aunt Sam. ;) I worked up the nerve to catch one on my finger for him to see up close and personal. That was all fine...even when it was climbing on my arm...but then it got freaked out and went for my neck! ACK! I still get the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. *shiver*





After about an hour and a half there, he fell asleep practically the second we strapped him into his seat. Since he was asleep, Jess and I went for an adventure driving downtown looking for a couple of places she wanted to visit and then hit a thrift store before heading back to my place.



Getting this kid to eat anything but sugar is quite interesting. At breakfast, we sat eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and he pointed to a basket of fruit they had brought me and said, "Happy Mother's Day!" Apparently they taught him to say that, and now, he says it for everything. Hilarious! We got take out for dinner, and it took convincing him that he had to save the chicken nuggets from the Toy Story aliens to get him to eat...while he jumped an obstacle course through my living room! haha! He got a kick out of playing in a giant box I acquired for packing, though. ;)

Seriously, that kid is so intelligent. He knows everything and responds to everything. Were we that way when we were two?

They left late Wednesday night after we went to get ice cream. Xander was certainly sugared up on his visit to Aunt Sam's!

Xander named his friend "Fish".

*  *  *  *  *  *

Friday, there was a party, or rather a small get-together, at The Rossi (a kind of "classy" bar downtown) for my boss's boyfriend's 40th birthday thrown together by my boss's brother. After work, Quinton, my new friend Sara (I know a million Sara(h)'s!), and I headed over after closing the bakery for some wine and pizza. Good times! I love those types of things. :) ...But I don't want to even know what that tab looked like! YIKES!

I had to be up to open the bakery the next morning, too...Samantha does not do well on pretty much no sleep! I survived, though.

Gratitude 359
Saturday night, Sara and Q popped over to my place for tea, music listening, and chats on the balcony. Made my day. :)

Sunday morning, I was up bright and early at 6:30am because I agreed to sing for Chad at the church...both services. He took me out to breakfast at Bob Evan's in between services, too. He's such a good friend! I love making people's day just by merely singing a simple song. That is why I do what I do. The music was absolutely no frills and just a strophic hymn setting, but that didn't matter; all that mattered was the simple act of sharing it and using my voice for His good. Everyone who "gets it" in this career always says that it isn't about you. And that's real life. If you are doing it right, it isn't about you.

The rest of the day was very unproductive. I'd been battling sinus headaches and such for a few days straight, so I just sprawled on the couch till I had to go into the bakery for a bit. Two Tylenol and about a gallon of Pepsi later, I was feeling better. (I know, both terrible things for me, but usually, they're the only things that help.)

Side note: When Q was cleaning the bakery Saturday night, he found these sample packets in a box of flour bags of some sort of probiotics especially for nasal issues. Random. But I tried them, and I actually think they might be working...not really any issues today. Go figure...they are like $40 a bottle! ha! 

My friend Haley called up while I was working and asked if I wanted to go see a movie later, so we did. Yay! She's one of my favorites! We saw Bad Teacher...don't waste your money! Amusing but not good at all. Jason Segel was the best part of that movie. I don't think the two of us were the right crowd for that humor, either. :-/ On the bright side, it was great to see her. Now, our mission is to find her a music-related job in Boston, so we can find a place together and have even more crazy epic adventures together! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment