Friday, December 31, 2010

The Soprano: A Year in Review

Well, technology has suddenly taken a rushing return to my life yesterday, despite my attempts against it. I'm still in PA for the last of the holiday festivities, but a realization that I actually have...*ugh* "Real Life"...to attend to, once again, in just a few short days. haha! Oh, well. I'll survive! ;)

As I always do on this day of every year, I fall accustom to the trite nostalgia of another year come to a close, and the bits of life that occurred over that chronicled chapter. So...I absurdly flipped through the pages of my blog (quite a feat to even give it a thought while on dial-up! haha!). There they all were: the excitement, the laughter, the successes, the heartbreaks/face-smacking moments, the tears, the courage, the stubborn independence, the defiance, the drastically over-dramatic, the weird anecdotes that probably only I found humorous...and the continuance forward despite the vast unknown.

Gratitude 300
It was like physically reliving each and every moment...and so many times I wish I could do exactly that... ;) It is incredible thing us, humans, can do attach full emotions to experiences, both happy and painful. That's the beauty of life. And this is how we grow. Each experience and episode that we witness or take part in throughout our lives contributes to some facet or another of our being. (It is also very difficult, I have found, to condense an entire year of one's life into one page...)

Now, in lovely Facebook "My Year in Statuses" fashion (that in itself is a completely ridiculous statement!!), here is a brief montage of the published moments of Samantha's 2010...

I'm going to write a novel. (Still need to figure out about what...haha!) ♦  Read the ridiculous Twilight series  A million hours of rehearsal last night scattered with short tempers (myself included), but we survived... ♦ Dance party at Katie, Caite, and Bryans! Coconut does not go down the garbage disposal. ♦ Katie and I decided to take an adventure to The Mad Greek, and it was the BEST decision ever! ♦ Smile. ♦ "I hate when I just miss a call on the last ring, but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and then goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and then run away?" ♦ Fencing is so sweet! I can't wait till I get my sword! Right now, we are working on footwork, aka What-you-need-to-know-before-I-give-you-a-weapon 101. ♦ Sang Phyllis last night in Iolanthe. ♦ Missing Europe a lot today. :( ♦ Only now exists. ♦ Strength of character is found in the standing up after smacking your face on the carefully-laid bricks. Keep the spirits high, a smile on your face, a bounce in your step, and take heart in the world of possibilities that surround you. ♦ Need to write that poetry paper sometime...due Monday at 6pm...plenty of time! ♦ My spontaneity and adventure are ready to roll! =D I love my life! ♦ New York, New York! ♦ Life as I know it...this week! ;) ♦ Hungarian music recital ♦ Bought my cap and gown for graduation today...EEK! ♦ Recital preparations have taking over most of my brain capacity. ♦ Sang Handel's "Let the Bright Seraphim" on my friend Haley's trumpet recital. ♦ RECITAL DAY!!! Beautiful dress. Beautiful music. In good voice. High heels. Chad carefully matching his tie choice to the color of my gown. (Gotta love him!) Watching Gilligan's Island for nearly three hours to keep my mind off of my nerves. ♦ The Soprano invades YouTube! ♦ How my life turned into an episode of "Grey's Anatomy"...and Herman called me "Sunshine." ♦ Alexa locked herself in the bathroom... ♦ Somehow, I got talked into presenting research at Undergraduate Symposium. Friday was my last Chapel Choir concert! ♦ Awarded the Sigma Alpha Iota Scholastic Award! ♦ Espresso and Sarcasm ♦ College is over?! ♦ Q called, said he'd be there in 10 minutes, and we were going to a Renaissance fair. Me: What?! I'm not even dressed ye---" Q: "Just do it." Me: "Okay." ♦ I booked plane tickets to Europe! I am totally psychotic, and I don't know how my family puts up with me and goes along with my craziness. ♦ B.M., Magna Cum Laude! ♦ I can't stop myself from feeling that my life is suddenly turning into the movie Post Grad..."Everyone say over-priced education!" ♦ I shall kicketh booty with my made diva kung fu skills. ♦ Katie's bachelorette party was Iolanthe fairy-themed. (Need I say more?! hehe!) ♦ After all these years and a college degree, I am still a terribly ADHD studier! ♦ Katie and Bryan's epic wedding. ♦ Second start to the right and on till morning... ♦ Mirabell Gardens. ♦ Today was: the most agonizing and stressful day of my life thus far. ♦ This is my adventure. ♦ A bicycle ride in search of Schloss Frohnberg... ;) ♦ Munich, Germany...during the world cup... ♦ Diana Damrau's Liederabend! ♦ The Deutsches Museum and Neuschwanstein Castle ♦ "Ich habe die Aschkarte gesorgen." ♦ 20 hours in Vienna...*sigh* ♦ A return to my lovely Magyarorszag. :) ♦ The World Cup Finals on a terrace. ♦ Kecskemet, Kecskemet! Allomas! ♦ Bienvenidos a los Estados Unidos de America. ♦ Continuing to kick my little sister's butt at Scrabble. ♦ Maybe, I'm just going to end up on a gay tour of Tuscany, impulsively buy a fix-it-upper villa, and learn to speak Italian. ♦ Oh yeah,...I almost joined to Coast Guard...that's funny in and of itself. ♦ 4 more weddings... ♦ Jeni's...I drank that Kool-Aid... ♦ Q signed me up to sing at a Gospel Methodist church. ♦ Record-breaking phone conversations with Katie. :) ♦ If you give a 2-year old a pickle, approximately 30 minutes of entertainment has been provided for a mere 40 cents. ♦ Year 23. ♦ The Adventures of Sarah and Samantha. ♦ A brief hiatus from singing. ♦ "Jesus loves me...so it's all good!" ♦ The Grad School application process. ♦ Laryngitis. ♦ Rainbow promises. ♦ Grad School applications submitted. ♦ "Never regret anything because at one point, it was exactly what you wanted." ♦ A new computer. ♦ A random Facebook chat catch-up with an old friend.  Chicago, Chicago! ♦ A lovely lesson with Ms. Sunny Joy. ♦ Christkindlmarkt and mulled wine! ♦ Goodbye, Great Grandma in the Mountains. ♦ A charming letter from Janos and a Christmas greeting from Agi. ♦ Home for the Holidays. :) Welcome to the roller coaster of my life. ;) 
On to 2011! Bring it on! It's going to be a crazy year, some big changes and decisions, and a whole lot of ridiculousness, but we'll make it through! ;)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment