Monday, June 22, 2009

Real-life CSI...not cool!!

Actually, I'm not even a fan of fake CSI, but real-life is far too much! Saturday evening, IN FRONT OF MY TOWNHOUSE was a car crash that ended a high-speed chase, guns (not sure if there was actual shooting involved), about a dozen squad cars, a dead body LYING IN THE STREET, crime scene tape, and a chase on foot...FOLLOWING A TRAIL OF BLOOD!!! Ew! I saw it all! Not cool!!! It is suffice to say that I was totally creeped out...and now even more not so fond of my current location. Ack! And my dad found the "excitement" amusing when I told them about it!!

Besides that psychoticness, life's been alright. A little rough, but there's gotta be a rainbow eventually, right? Today, I began to freak a little bit about finding a flat for next year. I need to find one ASAP, and everything is extremely expensive. Ugh. I honestly don't know what I am going to do. And I only have a month or so to figure it out. Slightly stressin'.

I would also love to go spend some more time at home. However, I'll have to wait till probably mid-July to visit home again...before I can even think of stepping away from here again, I have to find an apartment!!! :( Lynn keeps telling me I'm "homesick" and orders me to go back home for awhile longer. Perhaps she is right. Maybe I am a bit homesick. Sounds so silly, though. I mean, I have lived halfway across the world, I have been away at college for three years now, and I get homesick now? After all that time away? And I just spent a month there. Hmm. Perplexing...and slightly annoying.

*****

I FINALLY got to have my chat with Chad time on Friday!!! Yay! I missed my Chad! hehe! It been something like 6 weeks! And I had a lesson with Lynn, which went splendidly. We had a nice chat, too, while I was in the studio. She gave me one of her sort of "God talks."

Gratitude 98
I am thankful for those great chats that day. Every once in awhile you need someone to knock you back into place.

Thank you, Lynn, for always keeping me in check. ;) I honestly don't know what I'd do without those two...and I am not looking forward to finding out a year from now when I must move on to somewhere else, the next phase in my life. However, people like that stay in your heart forever, regardless of your world location or point of your life. :)

*****

The rest of my "kidnapping" in Sandusky was lovely. Boat rides, roller coasters (eek!), cocktails/wine on the porch, delicious espressos, grill cook-out, the sound of a brilliant baby grand piano.

Monday, Katie, Bryan, their friend Lauren, and I took the boat over to Put-in-Bay. Good times, good times. ;) Tuesday was Cedar Point. I am definitely not really one for roller coasters, but they got me on 6 or 8 of them...and I actually really liked a couple of them. Wednesday was a lazy, rainy day, so we mostly lounged around in the parlor. ;) Then, Thursday it was back to my apartment. All holidays must come to an end...but there are always more to come! (Hopefully, the next one will be soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment