Thursday, December 18, 2008

Saying Viszontlatásra to Magyaroszag...

Gratitude 50
Hungarians make me smile! I love them! And I am so grateful for the opportunity to spend this semester abroad.
Today was my last lesson with János. :( A last chamber music lesson. A last Hungarian lesson. And three gigantic exams began the day. (Needless to say, sleep has been minimal this week! Yesterday I had a large exam, too.)
A few short hours from now, I shall be heading to Budapest to begin my crazy trek home in time for Christmas. I am excited to go home and see family...and my puppy Rafiki! hehe! But the "good-byes" are always far harder than you ever can anticipate. I've grown rather found of this place...Hungary...the Institute. I feel like its another place I can call "home" now. And why is it that when things all begin to click it is time for transition again? (I can only imagine what "culture shock" returning to the States will be like after four months abroad.)
This time over here has been AMAZING!! The music has changed for me...in such an incredible way. It has become something far more special; it means more than ever to me. I am so blessed to have had these wonderful experiences. :) And made incredible friendships that I hope will last a lifetime over. I am already looking forward to my return in the not-so-distant future.
I shall post some tidbits from my last few days here and tales from my certain to be crazy travel experiences...as they always are!...sometime over the weekend. :)

1 comment:

  1. Samantha,

    Let us hope that your luggage just does not end up within some exotic place on the globe, although that would give you a moderate excuse to go somewhere like Egypt or something. I hope you arrive home safely and not too fatigued.

    In your blog you mention that you play piano. I, who am also a pianist of some small skill (for that matter, I am also an amateur opera singer, a tenor), and I was wondering what sorts of pieces you can perform on piano. You never know, we just may have more in common than vocal music preferences! It very well may be that we are of the same attitude toward piano music, also.

    -Tyler.

    ReplyDelete