Monday, November 3, 2008

My holiday (part 5)

Gratitude 30



I am thankful for the beautiful weather while I was in England. Surprisingly, it barely rained. It was lovely. Cold, but lovely.


Thursday was just a lazy day in the English countryside. Sophie and I made "candy corn," or attempted to at least. THe baking part was quite interesting but good fun. It came out sort of the texture of candy corn but was more like a toffee to taste. I may have to play with it with Becca over Christmas. I bet she'd enjoy that!


In the evening, Sophie and I joined a couple of her friends for drinks in a pub in Epsom. It was a cute little place. There, we had Früli, which is a strawberry beer. :)


Friday, we went to London one last time. She decided to leave early, so I stuck around town on my own for a bit. I gave St. Paul's a visit. :) It is beautiful! I did not go in because the queue was to the street and even the student price was quite steep. It was so amazing just to see it, though. (I sat on the steps like in Mary Poppins, too! hehe!)




After wandering around the area around St. Paul's for a bit, I hopped on the "tube" (aka underground) to catch a look at the Tower of London and Tower Bridge as the sun was setting. Then, I decided it wise to head towards a train station and head back even though I would have loved to stay longer.




For supper, Sophie's family and I went to an Indian restaurant for some curry. (For some reason, the British are obsessed with Indian food.) It was my first time having real Indian. It's good but not my favorite by any means.



We watched a bit of British telly before bed, and in the morning it was time for me to bid a farewell to my lovely England (for this year, anyhow!).


No comments:

Post a Comment