Gratitude 29
"'Come, follow me,' Jesus said, 'and I will make you fishers of men.'
At once, they left their nets and followed Him." -Matthew 4:18-20
I am thankful for this verse that was framed on the dresser in the room I stayed in at Sophie's. I saw every time I was in the room. After all these years, I think the meaning of this verse has finally been revealed to me.
On Wednesday, London saw its first October snow since 1934! I always had the impression that the whole country glistened in white all winter, but they tell me that they get very little snow and never normally before April. I guess I fell under the Dickens charm like the rest of America!
I also venturede into London on my won. I love that "town!" It is just an amazing place. I went to Westminster Cathedral. It was stunning! There happened to be a mass while I was there, so I went but was not impressed with it at all.
I walked towards Buckingham Palace. I was a little bummed I could not find a guard that was close enough to get a picture with. (Most people know that I am kind of obsessed with...well, London...but the guards...I actually kind of feel bad for them...they look so board...and random people are constantly taking pictures of them. Poor guys!) It was lovely, though. I met a British family then meandered through St. James Park towards Parliament Square. Vienna has green, but only in London do you find parks like that. So picturesque. Love it! As I walked towards finding Parliament, there was this police brigade guarding someone. Oh, such a hullabaloo! It makes me giggle!
So Big Ben...this was the first time I was really able to see it. So many say it is nothing spectacular, but they are full of nonsense! It's incredible! :) I found Westminster Abbey and was going to go in, but it was really expensive, so I contented myself with the outside of it. Next, I made my way to Trafalger Square and intended to go through Leicester Square subsequently, but I guess I side-stepped a little. I somehow went right around it and got to Covent Garden. It was fine because I was going there anyway. (There's a Build-a-Bear there and had to pick up a few requested items for my little sister.) I wandered around there for awhile. It is a nice little place.
When I returned to Ashtead (where Sophie lives), it was dark, and I had absolutely no clue where I was going. I luckily met a nice old man who pointed me in the right direction. I love the British! hehe!
On a last note, London is loaded with business men in suits...pinstripe seems to be largely popular. It's just like my Papa always says about getting on a train, reading the paper, and being in the city for work. They really do do that. I'd love to work in London someday. NOT as a business woman...as a musician of course. Maybe someday, I'll be singing at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden. Who knows!
No comments:
Post a Comment