But igen, I conquered the "pumpkin!" muahaha!
And that was our Halloween festivities...nearly two weeks prior to Halloween since most of us will be in some other foreign country on our holidays. My hands are very sore from scraping the insides out of my "pumpkin"...it was nearly all solid. So now, I have a container full of squash stuff...guess I should figure out how to cook it or something. Most of the students have never carved a pumpkin! It was so funny to watch their pure amazement...it was so hard to believe at first...it is just what you do with a pumpkin I thought. But, it is only an American holiday. Apparently, the "generations" of Capital students studying here have brought the traditions to the Institute...that and Thanksgiving. (From what Agi tells us, though, finding a turkey is quite a feat...plus the ovens here are very small...)
Tag!! http://operaluvr.blogspot.com/2008/10/yay-i-was-tagged.html
ReplyDeleteSchool has totally been kicking my BUTT. I am totally planning on catching up and commenting on all your posts right when midterms finish this week :) So far I've just been browsing when I have time! Stay safe, and talk to you soon :)
Here's a few pumpkin recipes:
ReplyDeletehttp://foodgawker.com/?s=pumpkin
Send us a sample when you're done... :)