Monday, June 2, 2008

Day Care: It Gives Me Fever!

Out of nowhere, the other day I found myself thinking of the song "Fever" (not unusual...always a song going thru my head!) made most recently popular by Michael BublĂ© but also sung by such greats as Peggy Lee and Ella. It's a pretty snappy song. I like it! However, this most recent thought of it was not so pleasant. There was no presence of love giving me fever; children's sneezes did: my part-time job at the day care got me sick!...and after only two days at that! From Tuesday thru Saturday, I was on the couch with a fever of 102°F!! It was ridiculous! I haven't been that sick since the fifth or sixth grade! Sure, I come down with a little headcold a couple times a year, some more severe than others, but I can handle that. This was far more than I bargained for! I survived unscathed from the plagues in dorms and classrooms (and let me tell you...germ heaven sometimes!), but not this. (No, I'm not bitter!) Oh, well. Most is well now. Just left with a bit of stuffiness and limited mobility of the voice. What really breaks my heart, though, is that just before I was brought down by the evil day care plague, I had decided that I was ready to return to my music. I missed it, and it was time. And now, I won't be able to return to it for a little while longer due to recooperation time tables. *Sigh* On the bright side of life, this sickness made me really want it. Singing, that is. Practicing. I have not felt that strongly about a desire to practice while at home in a long while. I knew when I came home, that it was necessary to step away before music became a chore, as it was the rain cloud's shadows were foreboding. This is good, but now I'm aching to do some laughing above that treble staff! haha! Another good thing: I acquired Josh Groban's amazing Awake Live DVD. Ah! It's pretty fabulous! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww :( I'm so sorry you got sick! Will you continue working at the Day Care Center? Hopefully you'll be able to find a less health-costly job!

    And I'm SOOO glad that you're gettin back into the music!!! What are you working on before you head off to Hungary?

    And no, I don't like Yoga at all! haha I think I'm one of the only people though...I'm strange, what can I say? I really wanna get more into Pilates though, cuz I really love that!

    And yes, it would be awesome to see how Lisa and Lynn match up! I'll keep you completely up-to-date with my lessons in the Fall while you are off having TONS OF FUN in Hungary!! :D

    p.s. I think I need to get that Josh Groban DVD ;)

    ReplyDelete